Posts by yellobutterfly

Oh, ok - now I know what you're talking about re/register coupons...I'll have to try using all 3! Thanks for the tip!
For cornsyrup, I usually go for Blackburn's (bigger bottle, costs less) or whatever store brand. Also Dollar General usually has it cheap, especially during the holidays. Target's brand is the best deal for cream of tartar - a 4 oz nice jar is about 4 bucks, compared to almost $3 for a tiny thing of mccormick's. Target's brand is called "Archer Farms" and is on the spice aisle - hth.
I know about the newspaper and internet coupons, but what is a register coupon? My store is pretty stingy when it comes to coupons and useage, so I doubt they'll let me get away with this...
Totally agreee w/debi! Also, if you set your prices low, no matter how determined you are, it will be REALLY hard to raise them in a year or two once you've decided you're worth it...that's what I'm dealing with now, when you have customers that are used to getting them for a certain price, then having to double your rates to make it worth your time, ingredients, etc...As a woman I definitely struggle with this, and "feeling bad" for charging more...it's harder on me than...
yes, there's a thread where this was discussed in length, it's called "Teaneck,NJ Mom sells cakes from home. Is that Illegal?" and is in the business forum, but I think it's been locked...
Is this new site up? Everytime I try to visit it tells me server time out, page load error...but only on this site, so I don't think it's me...
Just wondering if the OP (or anyone else) tried the recipes suggested, and what the results were? I'm shopping for a new cookie recipe, but don't want to waste my time trying 3 or 4 I'm interested in Martha's and the one jojo posted at recipezaar - did anyone try either of those, and if so, what'd you think?
Just so ya know - you're not alone...I tried this recipe a few years ago - once was enough, I was VERY unimpressed...
If you're talking about Penny from Austin, TX (she was featured on a food network show a few years back) I read a few years ago in the paper that she sold her business...
This same thing happened to me recently too...I had two different pictures of flip flops (with different colors/designs) that magically got lumped together. And then I had 2 baby rattles (each different main color and design) that got lumped with a baby slipper...I got a pm from a mod telling me about it. I can understand the flip flops, and even the rattles, but I was annoyed that the baby slipper got hidden with the rattles, because the only info that showed was...