Posts by yellobutterfly

Wow, those are incredible!! What technique did you use for the bottom layer of icing? (Paint on, dip, pipe on, flow in with bottles, etc?) thanks for showing your awesome work!!
I'm so excited, this is such a fun idea! Count me in! (Although maybe not the first month or 2 because I'm having a baby in 2 weeks!!). Can't wait to see everyone's great work!
I use karo, but don't like it much b/c it is a bit sticky. I've heard other people say they cut out the shapes in mmf with same cutter, then as soon as they come out of the oven, lay the mmf shape on top of the hot cookie. The heat from the cookie causes the mmf to adhere. I've not tried it yet, but it sounds like a goood idea!
I'm in Texas - anyone know where to get any of those around here?
hi, just wondering for those of you talking about purchasing buttercream from wal-mart or sam's, is it sold off the shelf, like with their regular products? Or do you have to go to the bakery and ask them to sell it to you? How much is the smallest bucket (interested in trying it without a huge $ committment). Thanks!
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but wondering more about this "Bettercreme" stuff! How do I get it? What is GFS? Has anyone bought it at Sam's (as mentioned) and if so, for how much $? Thanks!