Posts by yellobutterfly

so I'm curious, did the casting department pick and assign each team's assistants, or were the main decorators allowed to pick their team/assistants?
lol - now there's one I haven't heard - "snert..."
I think I'd have marched myself over to the brides' changing room and told her what was going on...I wouldn't want to be the one responsible for ruining her day when she found out her dream cake was replaced with krogers' frozen sheet cakes...
Yes, this is what they had us do at training (a few years ago) - we took a 10 in or 12 inch cakeboard, did basketweave around the bottom half of the circle, then a rope border around the entire circle, then place course 2 royal icing flowers coming out of the basket with the birds on the side...
On the cakeboss show they're always "steaming" fondant with a steam machine and that gives it that glossy/shiney look - maybe an expert here will chime in with specifics on that technique
Ok, I know this is CAKE central, but I want to see more pics of the wedding!! (and ofcourse the cake is GORGEOUS!!) congratulations!!
no, michaels doesn't carry any kind of shortening, but if you have a cake supply store nearby they probably will...also look into bakery suppliers, like BakeMark - they carry it...and then ofcourse you can order online. hth
Girl if she lives "right down the street from you" - I say march yourself down there this morning, and "remind her" face to face! This way you've reminded her (as she asked) and she should give you your money, since you're right there...case closed (hopefully...
I haven't really had any airbubble issues since trying sugarshack's icing recipe and techniques, you can watch her youtube video for the instructions.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4ibkH0V_4
I haven't really had any airbubble issues since trying sugarshack's icing recipe and techniques, you can watch her youtube video for the instructions.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4ibkH0V_4