Posts by yellobutterfly

My local cake shop is no longer carrying my favorite hi-ratio, PS99...they only carry DAWN hi-ratio cake and icing shortening, and it's in a 50 lb block - can anyone let me know if it's good? I have weddings coming up and I'm desperate for hi-ratio but want the good stuff!!
What is the best medium to use for a monogram on the sides of a cake? And the most accurate way to do the actual monogram? I've done a few but was not happy with the results, so wanted some insight...
When you use rice krispie treats to mold something, then cover w/ fondant and decorate - do you just use the recipe from the box? Or does it need to be altered any?
I'm sure this has probably been covered somewhere in this thread, but I have a newborn and little sleep - so no time to read 32 pages to find it what do you all charge for cakeballs?
Fudge, decorated cookies, and PUMPKIN ROLLS (they'll be the death of me...)
Thanks for sharing - I have never found a chocolate chip cookie recipe I liked (for the same reasons you stated), so I can't wait to try this one!!
I put a parchment piece in the bottom (just cut to fit the bottom only, not sides) and then spray baker's joy or equivalent on the sides and bottom of paper as well.
for cookie cakes I only do buttercream
lol, i use 1 batch for an 11x15 and 1 1/2 batches for a 12x18...so mine probably aren't as thick as yours, but they're definitely thicker than the grocery stores and cookie chains, and really popular
I agree w/debster - I use my 2in. cake pans. For a 12in. round I use half a batch of choc chip cookie dough, then spread with my spatula evenly in pan. They're much thincker than the cookie pans, customers love 'em!