Posts by joshalow

I use The Cake Bible's recipe for mousseline- love it! Then I mix in coconut filling from a sleeve. It makes the lightest coconut filling.
I have been making my red velvet cakes with a coconut mousseline filling. It's sooo good!
R. Winbeckler has done some incredible, life size 3-d cakes. I'm glad to see Mike is back though. It will be interesting!
The International Orchid show used to have a cake competition, which was larger than the one from the Miami Dade county fair one, but I don't think they had it this year. You may want to check with them for next year.
The International Orchid show used to have a cake competition, which was larger than the one from the Miami Dade county fair one, but I don't think they had it this year. You may want to check with them for next year.
I love Fondx! I've made my own for years, used Massa Gruischuna and Satin Ice while working at an events and catering company, but once I tried Fondx 3-4 years ago, it became my favorite. It's great to work with, and the taste is wonderful!
Estas hablando del frosting que usan mucho en las reposterias o el frosting que usan los decoradores? Si me recuerdo bien, el de las reposterias es mas como un tipo de merengue.
Have to agree with you totally!!! There are so many other decorators who could/would have produced a beautiful cake for Kerry instead of her. I wonder if they just had her on to add some extra drama to the show?
There are basketweave rolling pins that work wonderfully. I find the rolling pins are much easier to use than the impression mats.
The recipe in the Cake Bible, which uses bittersweet chocolate can remain at room temp for 3 days.