Posts by MsRhonda

I've also had the best luck with using the brown and red to make burgandy. The Burgandy color that wilton makes just isn't the right shade in my opinion
I have done it two ways, pouring the batter at the same time from the opposite ends of the pan and baking the flavors separately. Pesonally, I like the method of baking both flavors at the the same time. Even if your batter would happen to mix together in the center a little bit, the customer ends up with a surprise marble cake in the center. Lots of people like that. I also found that putting the batter into those large 4 C measuring cups with the handle on it helps alot....
I put a pinch of salt in my BC recipe. It cuts the sweetness
When I made my Barbie cake, I used chocolate boxed cake mix and didn't have any problems at all with it holding up. Have a picture of it in my photos it you want to have a look.
I can relate to you also. I personally don't like the wedding cakes with the the stairs either. I did my daughter in laws cake for their wedding, and she wanted the stairs also. I showed her the pictures of some other more modern wedding cakes, but she had her heart set on the stairs. She said that she had wanted that sort of cake ever since she was little. She loved the cake, and in the end, that is what really matters.
Count me in also. I am about 1 1/2 hours south of St. Louis, but would be willing to drive.
For everyone that read my previous post a couple of days ago entitled "Anyone needing a laugh, please read", and were wanting to see the picture of my cake that nearly caused me to run off my husband, injure my son and become a full fledged alchoholic, the picture is in my photos. I never have any luck getting the pictures to attach to my posts. As you can tell, the squirrells do hate icing and left the cake alone. My husband returned home, a little nervous, but none too...
Totally amazing!!! How impressive
This whole episode started with the cake that I deemed "would be the easiet thing in the world to do" and by now I should know that when I get that confident (or cocky) things are bound to go wrong.I was asked to make a dummy cake for a bride that was a round three tiered cake with silver dragees on it. NOOOO PROBLEM, I can do that with my eyes closed. I ordered the dragees that ended up causing me to take out a second mortgage on my home because since I had never used...
Ok, this could have been a major disaster, but it turned out ok. I just wanted to pass along to any of you that are asked to decorate a Red Velvet cake with white BC that have never done it before (like me)...make sure that there are enough layers of BC that the red color from the cake doesn't bleed through. I had NO idea that that would happen. I had a wedding cake that I made this past Saturday (it's in my photos). Friday evening when I finished the cake, it looked...