Posts by MsRhonda

Is it absolutely necessary to use merinque powder in a buttercream icing recipe. I use the Wilton recipe which is 1 cup Crisco, 1 tsp flavoring, 2 Tablespoons water, 1 lb. powdered sugar, 1 T. merinque powder and a pinch of salt. What is the purpose of the merinque powder anyway? Just wondering.
Makes perfect since to me. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that next time
I have been having trouble with my borders on my cakes. I think that i do a fairly decent job on them, they are for the most part very even. The problem I am having is when I end the border on my round cakes and it joins to the starting shell. I can never get it to blend in right. It always ends up being smaller or larger than the rest of the shells, or I end up smashng the heck out of the first one. Any tips on how I can join my end to my beginning? Thanks,Rhonda
When i do borders on my cakes, especially round cakes, I have trouble with the border when it meets the beginning. I can never get it to join without smashing the starting shell, or just looking wrong. Any tips??Thanks
When i do borders on my cakes, especially round cakes, I have trouble with the border when it meets the beginning. I can never get it to join without smashing the starting shell, or just looking wrong. Any tips??Thanks
I have just been browsing through the galleries and have noticed a lot of people referring to "dummy" cakes. What is the best thing to make them out of??
Thank you so much, your advice is greatly appreciated
I was told that I should freeze my chocolate cake before I ice it because it helps to cut back on the crumbs in the icing. This may sound like a silly question, but should i completely thaw the cake before doing so?? I would think that if the cake is thawing out with icing on it, it would make the icing sweat. Thanks for any help.
thank you very much, i'll give it a look
Can anyone tell me where I can find a color chart for mixing icing??