Posts by culinarilyobsessed

If you are looking for a frosting recipe that's like the standard bakery frosting you find on most grocery store cakes unless it's the whipped frosting it's probably a shortening based buttercream, and as mentioned above is likely made with high ratio shortening.My go-to buttercream is shortening based, and tastes identical - maybe not if tasted side by side with the bakery frosting, but it's darn close, and it's a variation on the Wilton Sno-White buttercream. I'll try...
Surfergina, I had heard the stipulation about no indoor pets & that was problem for me also. I'm still contemplating how to get around that. True adding a detached garage would solve the issue as someone mentioned, but that's very involved and expensive. To do something like that you definitely have to know it's going to be cost effective and you don't plan on making a move anytime soon.One other thing I forgot to mention that you should check on before buying a house. ...
Hi, first off, welcome to NC! I'm about 3 hours southwest of Raleigh in Charlotte. As for what kind of rooms to look for, that really all depends on the desires & needs of your family. Basements aren't the most common thing in NC. Some houses have them, but they definitely aren't common. Many newer homes now, in NC & otherwise, have the bonus rooms that you mentioned instead. Sunrooms aren't always the most practical in terms of how much use they get, but I love...
Homan, a pie box might work. My cake supply store carries those. They're maybe a little thicker than a pizza box, but not nearly as big. I've bought them to package cookies in.Good Luck!
I tried the no fail sugar cookies for my first time yesterday. They are delicious & turned out perfectly!
I picked out a refurbished KA artisan that was purchased for me as a birthday gift from Amazon.com. The refurbished KA's have a 6 month warranty where as they new ones have 1 year warranty. My mixer looked brand new!! I've had absolutely no regrets. Also my shipping with amazon was free & I got an additional discount, which they often offer on KA appliances on amazon. I saved like $150 buying the refurbished one. It's definitely something to think about, I was a bit...
Sounds like fun..I would have participated although knowing me I would have been suspicious because it sounds too good to happen to me!Any idea how they got your name & number Tami??
ooh awesome!! So they're just clay molds?? like with the kids crafts or the other kinda clay?? Thanx for sharing
wOw great job becca!! Sounds like your customers were definitely very pleased judging by the large tips!! Sounds like you had a great weekend.
I think if you are planning to just do cakes it's definitely a suitable name. It's simple & to the point which is what you said you were going for.