Posts by melissaanne

Thanks for your help! Yes, I am using the feathers. I guess I will have to wait until I am assembling the cake before I work out which colours to use.
I am making a wedding cake. The cake will be three tiers in white fondant, with triangle drapes. At each drape point will be a little rose posy and on the end of each drape a vertical fondant ribbon with tiny blue sparkling flowers and a diamond. My question is, should I do the roses in a very soft blue to matach the blue on the ribbon, or should I do them white?I have attached a photo of the blue posyThanks for your help,Mel
Any one?
Hi mojo3799,I don't whip mine. I make it the day before and leave covered on the bench overnight. Then the next day you warm it enough to apply.hope that helps,Mel
I always have trouble working out how much cake I need. Can I please have some help?I am making 4 inch high mud cakes. My cousin wants to serve the cake for dessert. She is having 100 guests.I like the look of 6 inch, 8 inch and 12 inch (round) but would it be enough.Am I better off with 8, 10 and 12? any other alternatives?Sorry, I find this the hardest part.Mel
Thanks for all your ideas and help. In the end I went with star cookies on sticks. They used a glacé icing and decorated them with mini fondant shapes and sprinkles. When they were dry I placed them in bags with a rainbow ribbon and a name tag. It was fun, but a lot of work.
That sounds good lily!
Unfortunatly we have already made gingerbread men.Thanks for your reply
hi everyone!I was wondering if anyone could help me.I have been asked to do a cake decoratingActivity with 24 children that are 4 years old.I was thinking either cupcakes or cookies?Any suggestions???????
Hi!I just wanted to check if you think this is enough mud cake for 90 dessert serves: 8 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch any feedback would be fantasticMelissa