Posts by jewels625

I'm not sure how this would work but I have a large cookie sheet with no sides except one -I believe it's a Wilton cookie sheet maybe 14x20. I was thinking (because I love doing fbct's and the last on was pretty big) -that I could maybe put the cookie sheet in the freezer for a bit, put that carefully face down on top of the fbct, flip it all over and then get it aligned (quickly and fairly close) over the cake and then gently slide the cookie sheet out from under the...
I used the unsweetened Koolaid in BC for red and it was super sour. Luckily I only needed the red for the flowers so I warned the people eating it not to sutff a flower in their mouth. That's why I was wondering about the presweetened - if it would work or not.Thanks for the tip about the jello fondant - I will check it out. I have a "poker chip" cake to make and will need red AND black fondant.
I read that you could use unsweetened Kool-Aid for help in coloring red but when I tried that (YUCK!) I wouldn't think the pre sweetened would give the same effect but I won't do that again. What about using JELLO - has anyone tried that?? Just curious.
All the tips are great for the roses. I too have had raggedy or limp roses until I got the BC stiff enough. I also started using the Hershey kisses for the base and that helps tremendously! Plus those that eat them get the chocolate surprise. So far everyone loves having the kisses inside. Just like with anything it takes the practice and sometimes trial and erreor, although with this site there isn't as much of that! I have gotten SO many tips and ideas here so...
I have been baking cakes for several years but 2 years ago started making them for others (custom orders). A friend told me to freeze the cake as it would be easier to frost (and handle). She was right and I freeze all my cakes (even tho I try to bake them the day before) and get RAVE reviews about how moist they are and that I must have a special secret. I use box cakes and maybe one day will make some from scratch but then again, should I mess with something that...