Posts by mommicakes

Do any of you have any idea as the color trends for the 2011/2012 wedding season? Been trying to figure out, and to me...it is all over the map. Just wanted to know what your brides were using for colors and how many are in common.Thanks!
NO!
I would like to know too. Couldn't make this years would like to attend next year though.
I called and spoke with someone at the help desk @ Libby's. What has been written about the wet and flooded fields is correct. I have not seen canned pumpkin on the shelves all year in any of the stores in my area! I finally got fed up with it and called. Woman there was very nice, & did tell me what happened. I was told that we should start seeing it back on the store shelves by the middle to the end of Sept. and I received a couple of coupons. I have clients that want...
Cascades: I have pretty much the same set up as you do, I have a studio space in the closest bigger town from my licensed home kitchen. I use it for display purposes, and hold consultations there, and will be able to hold cupcake parties and classes there starting soon. I love having a large window to display some of the styles of cakes I do, and love to have people just come in and chat about cake. I'm glad to know that it is working for you. It was one of the best...
lovetofrost: I just actually made a square one for a wedding I did this morning.I called a local glass company, and asked them what the cost of some 1/4" plexiglass would run me in several different sizes. The glass totaled about 55 bucks, including the finishing of the edges so they weren't sharp.I then went to the hardware store and bought a piece of threaded rod, the kind you would use if you were building a lamp, drilled small holes the size of the rod in the center...
Been there..... Done that!!!!!
tiggy2: I have purchased liners from all kinds of places, the ones from wilton, reynolds, some at the regular grocery store it just doesn't seem to make much a difference. I have been beginning to wonder if the cupcake pans have shrunk in size at all. (I know not from use, but from manufacturer.) I don't know.floral1210: I get so frustrated when this happens. (my kids like it, but I don't)!!! There are some days that I have no issues what so ever, but then there are...
Hi everyone, now I have done tons of cupcakes, but I still keep having some issues with the stupid cupcake papers. After I fill the papers in the pans, some of them wrinkle up and are not round anymore. Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening. I get more rejects from a batch then good ones to use for clients.Then there are the papers that don't fit into the regular pans but are too small for the larger ones. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated...
Sounds good. Thanks.