Posts by SherisEdibleDesigns

I have a wedding cake that will go by SUV, to a boat, to either a trolley or golf cart on a barrier island. I just wanted to hear about how some of you pack your wedding cakes for transport. This will be a cake for about 175 and will be stacked and boxed for its journey. How do you transport your wedding cakes?
Just curious if anyone has shipped a wedding cake before. How did you package? What shipping company did you use? Was a refridgerated truck or did you package with dry ice? Tell us your story.Tnx
Southernbelle, I never thought about that! How tough was that to negotiate into the lease? How much did it affect your price per sq ft and did it require you to sign a longer lease?
I have been in business for about 6 months and have had great success so far. I currently lease a commercial kitchen but I want to open my own storefront in the next 6-12 months. Can anyone out there help point me in the right direction with the 'do not do' lists and some things I 'can do' to help make this a reality? I already know I will need some financing for some minor upfitting and some equipment costs. I have a business plan in the works and should have some...
Hi, we all know we have to stretch our money. Where are you getting the most bang for your advertising buck?? Do you advertise on internet sites like 'The Knot' or do you go for more local stuff? Do you do newspaper ads? Mailings?? You get the idea. Chime in with your results.Tnx
Hi, we all know we have to stretch our money. Where are you getting the most bang for your advertising buck?? Do you advertise on internet sites like 'The Knot' or do you go for more local stuff? Do you do newspaper ads? Mailings?? You get the idea. Chime in with your results.Tnx
tljkids, I'm not sure if they make a cart for a mixer that heavy. I have a 20 quart on a cart that is not portable and it was quite heavy. I would think anything larger is not meant to be mobile.
wolfsonmom, is your event with Elite? They are the company doing the show down here in Savannah we are considering. The Feb show is the only one for the year here. Looks like Atlanta has at least 6 shows next year. Gives your a chance to shop before you sign up.
We've been debating this as well. The cost for us to enter is the same $675. But then we figured making a few different flavors for tastings and that would add to the cost. Our dilemma is the closest show is about 30 miles away and according to the event organizer there are only about 40-50 brides are from our delivery area. Our show is here in Feb so we still have some time to decide.
Tax where I am located is 9%. Think your scared to tell about the tax...