Posts by grama_j

Have you asked for clarification about the rules ? I don't think they would take off anything for adding the "white" color...... Americolor works the best. Well, at any rate they may not even mean a PURE white cake.... they may think the buttercream is fine........ they just say "white" as aposed to chocolate or lemon, etc...... I think you need to give them a call and make sure.....
Here are some Google images........ I think I would use styrofoam for the wings, and probably sucker sticks for the supports.......http://www.google.com/search?q=biplane+cake&hl=en&rlz=1R2GGLL_enUS396&biw=1440&bih=656&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=OC0cTuGBFuPl0QHIsYX1Bw&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQsAQHope this helps....... GOOD LUCK...... show us what you come up with.....
I did one a couple of years ago you might like........http://cakecentral.com/gallery/381043
If you really wanted the "red, white" and blue " theme,why not use white cake with red and blue sprinkles in the batter ? It still tastes GREAT, and yet sticks with the theme........... I do this with graduation cakes to get the school colors in there...... Everyone seems to love the idea......
I guess you did, tiggy....... lets call it a second opinion.........
If she doesn't pay for the equipment, take her to small claims court...... Even if someone stole it, it was HER responsibility....
wykdgud......... It will happen ......... hang in there..... and quit eating that icing !!
" I have to say that find other decorators' comments and attitudes more offensive than anything I've encountered from customers or potential customers."That is why it is so neat to have a board like this, with like minded people that UNDERSTAND the frustrations that we go through...... we can VENT here....... LAUGH here...... say things that we could never say to our customers........ lighten up .........
for a CRUISE SHIP cake........ Something cuter than the USS "HIS and HER" names on it........ Please help....... the brain is drained...
How cute ! I'll bet he LOVED it !