Posts by grama_j

Well, if as you stated in your decription on the photo, that the girl had to wear a sweater for the 4 hours it took to deliver the cake, then something MUST have happened at the house before they left, or SOMEONE slammed on the brakes, and the cake took the choke in the car...........
Thank you for all your answers......... for some reason, I didn't get my notice in the e-mail that anyone had answered.......... She wants a REALLY simple cake....... I'm trying my best to get SOME decorations on there...... at one point, she said she didn't want ANY decorations..... no pearls, no ribbon,no design, just a plain white three tiered cake........ ( she is a niece) and at that point, I told her to get someone else....... All she wants is the SMALL three tier on...
Go to the gallery, and hit search at the top, and type in music...... you will get a balillion ideas.....
I have now been sitting here for TWO hours waiting for someone to pick up her cake...... I tried calling and her cell phone is shut off........ I HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE !!!Thanks for letting me RANT !
I'm trying to find pictures of wedding cakes with no toppers...... it seems no matter what I type into the search engine it shows JUST cakes with toppers...... My bride is changing her mind and may not want a topper... I want to see a couple and see if they are pleasing to the eye...... I've never done one.....
It can set at room temp. , it won't spoil, but if it is to warm in that room it could melt.....
Hat box or gift box cakes LOOK like they are REALLY hard, but they aren't.... you can use butter cream OR fondant.... I have a couple in my photos if you care to look for ideas.....
My first question would have to be "WHY" ??? Sorry, hon, but this, although sounds YUMMY, is WAY to time consuming for me........
I use " Freeze Tite " plastic wrap....... it is heavy duty and 15" wide...... you have to order it, but it is worth it...... I double wrap my cakes in that, and have never had a problem......... I take them out of the freezer the night before I'm going to decorate and they are completely thawed..... I use 2 or 3" layers........
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that it is the PRICE rather than the "texture".....