Posts by grama_j

ABSOLUTELY use the battery operated candles..... I use them all the time, and LOVE them.......
I don't know what that means either.......... like a sheet cake that would serve a lot of people ?
" Wholesalers ship frozen decorated cakes all the time."Of COURSE they do !! Thank you for the reminder !
No one has tried it ?
I've got a BUNCH of sheet cakes for a wedding ( YUK) coming up..... can I decorated them and then freeze them ? How about just a crumb coat ? It sure would cut down some time for me...... has anyone done it...... OH, they will be butter cream...... no fillings....... ( I hate this order!) LOL!
I always use jello powder...... it makes both the flavor and color more intense......
GOOD GOING, HON !! One bit of advice I would give you is NEVER use canned frosting...... it just isn't stable enough for decorating..... I LOVE your little baby feet ! I'll bet it will be a hit at the shower !!
Make sure you wrap it well, and let it thaw out slowly..... It should be just fine.....
I too would use the grass tip...... it takes a while, but you would get good results ........
The first time entering a local country fair, I made a carousel cake....... the floor of the carousel rotated...... the top had working lights.... it had nearly 1000 handmade flowers....... The only thing that was even close enough to beat it was a beautiful three tier wedding cake...... People actually took pictures of it....EVERYONE was talking about the FANTASTIC cake this year. ( Good cake, but hardly fantastic ! LOL) At any rate there was NO doubt in anyone's mind...