Posts by grama_j

Thank you for the reply, Jules.....
No one has a suggestion or opinion ???
I froze a couple of sheet cakes that I need for Friday..... I was running short on storage space, so I took two of the frozen cakes to my neighbor's house....... I went to pick them up a little while ago, and they were no longer frozen SOLID...... they aren't completly thawed, but they aren't slolid either......... do you think they will be okay if I finish thawing them and decorate tonight ?
If you make a cake for home use, do you instist your family eat it all in one day ? NAWWWWW ..... it sits there for several days until they finish it off..... Unless you have a filling that requires refrigeration, it will be fine.....
I don't know what a marshmallow tastes like...... I've eaten them for YEARS, and all I've gotten out of it is a yummy sweetness.. If it were me, I would just make a regular chocolate cake with an extra splash of vanilla..
I wouldn't think ganache will hold in a buldge if that is what it is going to do...... and if you are giving the cake to SOMEONE ELSE to make a four hour trip, I would FOR SURE make them sign off on it........
I have never done that, but it sounds REALLY good...... I don't know what you are worried about though....... your butter cream alone should be just fine....... make sure you put a good crumb coat on it.....
Could you use some white candy melts and pipe the shapes you want on wax or parchment paper ?
OMG !!! My worst nightmare came true in your story..... HUG !! HUG !! HUG !!! I'm SOOO happy everyone understood.... that had to help a little..... I think "HUBBY" should have to clean out that car !
I would use the gelatin butterflies....... they are fun to make.... you can make them MONTHS ahead and they are easy to put on and take off the cake....... I dip the wings in rainbow dust, and they are just BEAUTIFUL !http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1359553