Posts by grama_j

I did a wedding for 350 this fall...... she didn't want a large cake, so we did a three tier ...12' 10', and 8''.......... I made them a SURPRISE grooms cake,( a cruise ship) but the majority was decorated kitchen cakes.... it was SOOO easy to cut and serve. They also got to have as many flavors as they wanted...... Just a thought.....
I throw mine in the dishwasher......... no muss, no fuss...... NO GREASY mess ........
hummm...I've never heard of making it with milk chocolate....... I have used white chocolate, but now I will have to see about the milk chocolate.... I'm thinking maybe the fat content is different......
Do you make ganache for the icing on your cake ? Well, it is the same thing, but I put mind in the refrigerator for an hour or so, then use my hand held electric mixer and whip it until it is a little fluffy....... put your regular dam around your cake, and spred this in.......... OMG ! It MELTS in your mouth...My ganache recipe.....2 ( 12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet cho. chips ( I like Hershey's Special Dark ) 2 C. Heavy whipping cream2 T. butterPlace cho. chips in med. sized...
Whipped ganache is my favorite go to filling........
I"m pretty sure they couldn't pay me enough....... they are a PAIN !
Gerle, have you heard of "hidden pillars" ? I use them ALL the time...... they are from Wilton, and they are soooo easy....... they are hollow plastic tubes, and the cake plate on the top layer fits right into them..CAKE PLATE..... with the little legs on the bottom, NOT A CARDBOARD separater....... you just sit it right on top of your bottom layer, and it hold it pretty firmly....... It is very easy to use, but hard to explain........( google " how to use Wilton Hidden...
Did you grease AND flour the pan, or just used grease ?
I use that mat quite often, and I just start another row right on top of that seam mark......
And now I have to apologize for the mis-spell...... I have a good friend by the name of Julie, and we call her Jules......