Posts by grama_j

I don't know how many of you have made a zebra cake, but all the recipes I have come across are from scratch, and I usually use a mix....... the cake is done in a 9" round pan...... you use a white batter, and take half of it and tint it black or brown...... You make a 'puddle' of white, using about a 1/4 cup each time. You then pour the black mix right into the center of the white one you just poured.... you just keep alternating until the cake reaches the outside of the...
I've never frozen ganashe, but I know for SURE it isn't going to get so hard you can't put a pillar through it...... you wouldn't be able to eat it, right ? Defrost just as you would any other cake....you should be fine.....
DEFINATELY use dowel rods and either a cardboard circle, or if it is really heavy, I would use a plastic separator plate...
Dianne ... THANK YOU !! I usually get a notice that someone answered my post, but I didn't this time...... I'm sooo happy I checked again...... I LOVE your little barn... I will give it a try.... thanks again........
I am making a cake for a church anniversary...... she wants a sheet cake for the base, with a 3D church sitting on top....... She was at a wedding shower where I made a similar cake, and used the Wilton "HOUSE CAKE" pan...... She would like the house turned into a church, but larger than what I put on the other cake. Now to the question........... have any of you used TWO of the house pan cakes back to back to make a larger structure, and if so....... how did you connect...
My first question would be..... are you a licenced baker ? If not, and I"m thinking "not", then I wouldn't use a web site at all.... someone COULD turn you in, and that would be the end of selling your cakes........ You could use Webshots, or something like that to show them......
You do not have to worry about the CAKE itself....... you do NOT have to put it in the refrigerator...... IF you have a FILLING that you are worried about or might spoil being left out, keep it cold.....
hummmm...... I never tried using a mat on it, but it does crust, or actually "sets up" I would try it first and see what happens...... boy would that taste good though !
I use some brown icing coloring , and sometimes melted dark chocolate candy melts to my regular chocolate icing........ it tastes REALLY good... is darker than usual, and crusts very well...... you could use whipped chocolate ganache too.........
THANKS DEBBYEE !!