Posts by grama_j

Oh, for me there is no problem changing things at the last minute...... I can do that ... BUT you MUST PAY for all of it..... the old design AND the added ingredients and time into the new design...... on a high note.. SHE gets to keep the flowers that she no longer wants.... after all...... she DID pay for them....... TEE-HEE....... So far, NO ONE has taken me up on it.....( only two have tried)
It would be neat to make your own, but have you ever made and delivered a wedding cake ? Do you remember how stressed you were just getting it there in one piece ? Do you have to decorated the hall yourself ? Could you do the set up the night before ? It will probably be sitting out SOMEWHERE...... it might as well be at the venue......... are you getting your hair done that day? Are you getting dressed at the church or at home ? There are A LOT of questions you need to...
Well, what she WANTS and what she is going to GET are two different stories......Her "friend" was probably only charging what the ingredients were going to cost her, and she was donating the rest....... I think when you quoted her the price for a sheet cake, and she said she didn't WANT that, you can pretty much write her off......... she won't be calling back...... Let it go....... she is asking to much of you........
I usually use a mix so it would be hard for me to judge, but perhaps you should check your baking powder...... sometimes that will mess you up if it is old.......
" I'd make room in the refrigerator or buy a larger one."I will assume that you have a commercial kitchen, and LOTS of money Not many of us can just pop out and buy an extra refrigerator because of one cake order.....
I wouldn't be afraid of it spoiling as much as the strawberries running and causing a blowout....Would LOVE to know how you do this...... I'm so afraid of fresh fruit !
Did you test the cake with a toothpick or anything ? I would be baking that MUCH longer......
Try adding a teasp. of almond extract.......AND the salt..... ( I use popcorn salt because it is so fine )
Thank you for your prompt response ! I usually use Duncan Heinz, and I have a box of both , so I guess I'll do a trial run and see what happens....... THANKS again...
I've done many ball cakes, and mine usually take about an hour....... and they are not "brown".... I think you need to check your oven, and see if the temp. is correct......You can get an oven thermometer at any kitchen store or even Walmart or K-Mart....... OH ! And that decorator nail is a MUST with me.....