Posts by bcbaker

I thought of that. I asked about using the community center or church kitchen, but from taking to the health inspector, it looks like it would be hard to get a kitchen licensed. I know that neither of those places are completely set up to meet the requirements.
This is kind of long, so I'll appologise in advance ...I have been baking and decorating cakes for family and friends for a couple of year now. Everyone has been telling me that I should start my own business. So, I finally took the plunge and started to look into it seriously. I spoke to the health inspector today and my only optiona are to build a separate kitchen (no money for that) or work out of a licensed kitchen. I live in a really small town, that only has 2...
Hi,I've read the posts on how to construct a tiered cake, but I still have a few questions. I've made two tiered cakes so far, but I found it hard to assemble the cakes.1. What is the best wat to lift the cakes and center them without ruining the icing job.2. Would you cover them with fondant prior to stacking?3. I am terrified of droping one of the tiers, any tips?Thanks!
Thanks for all the great help.
Looking for some help. I covered my son's birthday cake in fondant today and looking at it tonight, it looks like it has air bubbles under it. I covered the cake in BC and made sure it was really smooth and I also smoothed the fondant out really well, starting in the centre and working my way out. So, the question is what did I do wrong?Thanks!
I was mixing coulour into my fondant today and I think the fondant was too hard, cause my kitchenaid dies ... sob . Has anyone had this happen to them? Were you able to get it fixed? I am desperate, my kitchenaid was a wedding gift 6 years ago and I love it dearly.Jen
I froze RI flowers before and they turned out just fine. I made them on the Thursday and froze them overnight in an airtight container, assembled the cake Friday and served it on Saturday.
A few more suggestions ...My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.- Rodney DangerfieldJust think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life thinking they had no faults at all.Getting married is like buying a car. Once you get it off the lot, you're sure you could have gotten a better deal! -AnonymousAmbrose BierceLove: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage.AnonymousMarriages are made in heaven. But, again, so are thunder, lightning, tornados...
I paid $350 for my wedding cake and it wasn't even as close to as complex as what she is proposing. Hold your ground!
OMG what absolutely beautiful cakes! The website is fantastic too!