Posts by countrykittie

I do have to say that I did have a fake cake for a wedding cake when I got married. I guess at the time, since I was paying for alot of the wedding, I didn't feel it necessary to have a real cake. I don't come from a poor family, but money doesn't exactly grow on trees either. I couldn't afford a real cake...the kind of cake that every bride dreams of. I bought the dummy cakes, my mom covered them with marzipan and I decorated it with silk flowers. The top layer of the...
I think you could consider a sunflower as a fall flower. I think it's because they are so bright and cheery as well they look great with all of the other fall colours in the leaves. I think it's a great idea.
I personally never ever refrigerate my cakes, even when they are already iced. I just think that the refrigerator seems to dry them out more. I just leave my cakes out on the counter, and if a piece is taken from the cake, I use some saran wrap to cover up the part that is missing. My cakes have lasted for a week on the counter. I also use water in my BC recipe.
Has anyone ever used these? If I mixed it with BC, would you see the sparkles? Just wondering. I was thinking of using the green sparkle gel to make the 'witches brew' but I wondered how it would work mixed in with BC.
I know when you have a PB and Jam sandwich, the PB and Jam don't really 'stick' together and sometimes your sandwich kind of 'slides' apart. Maybe it is the same with jams inside of cakes. Maybe try adding some extra fruit with the jams so that it will give the cakes something to 'grab' onto...KWIM?
Yeah, I saw the candy melts, but what I found instead was some glitter gel. It's a bit too green for the halloween green, but I thought it would go alright in the 'cauldren' for her witches brew.
Thanks so much. I hope my witch turns out cool. My sister will love it!
I had a bridal shower last weekend and I baked my cakes on Tuesday and Wednesday, wrapped them well in saran wrap and tin foil, then put them in the freezer. I find refrigerating my cakes makes them very dry. Freezing them seems to 'lock' in the freshness and the moistness of the cakes. I made my icing on Wednesday and stored it in plastic containers until Saturday. I didn't put the icing in the fridge but you can. When you want to decorate your cakes, take them out of the...
I was thinking about making a witch with her cauldren for Halloween but I've given alot of thought about her being black. There was some discussion on here about what black does to you (black teeth, lips and funky looking you-know-what etc.) and so I got to thinking that maybe instead of making her black, I would go with the creepy green and purple theme. Ok, my question is, how do I make that creepy green colour? I couldn't find any Halloweenish green icing colours at...
I have taken cakes to work and my fellow employees refuse to cut into the cakes that I make. I'm not an expert cake designer because usually most of my cakes are from ideas from people right here at CC. But, there was one cake I made that I had never made before and everyone at work said it was too pretty to cut into. If I don't do the cutting, it might not get cut into at all....ok, it would eventually because everyone at my work are little sugar-aholics... So,...