Posts by crp7

I have never felt that I would want to be a 'professional' because I have realized that I want to do the designs that I want to do. When someone I know gives me a picture of a cake or specific design I feel too much pressure and do not enjoy it at all. I have no desire to deal with the general public and their demands.If you do free or cakes at cost no one really complains about what they get!
Ask them what the invitations, plates, napkins, etc. look like. Maybe that will help narrow it down. Coordinate with the decorations.Cindy
Don't feel silly. I will never measure up to most of the cakes on this site. However, this site is for all levels. A lot of times I like some of the cakes that may look a bit 'amateur' as much as the professional ones. I will always make cakes for regular, everyday kind of people and I feel my cakes fit the occassion and the budget allowed by friends.
This is an older post so I do not know if there is a tutorial or not. I would love to have instructions for these. They would still be pretty good size.
You have said the cake design is black and white. Don't know the exact design but if you bring some the of the black under or around the bottom edge of the topper that should help make the fact that the topper is a bit faded less noticeable.
I agree. I do not do cakes professionally but I read a lot of posts on here that make me wonder why the poster does make cake for a living. All they do is complain about what the customers ask for.
Thanks, Metria, for the pictures. I was planning to come and see everything but was not able to make it at the last minute. It looks like it was great.
Thanks, Metria, for the pictures. I was planning to come and see everything but was not able to make it at the last minute. It looks like it was great.
You could bake 2 cakes and just push them together and ice them as one cake. You can also pour 2 different batters into the same pan. You can either start pouring both batters at the same time starting in the middle or you can cut a piece of cake board to make a divider in the middle of the pan. Pour the batter in each side and then remove the divider to bake. You may get a little mixing in the middle where they meet but not much.
Thank you.