Posts by osman1989

I started using an ice cream scooper to get an equal amount of batter in each cup they seem to dome nicely when baking and are more uniform.  I also found that if I cool the cupcakes completely in the pan itself the wrappers don't start pulling away on the sides it takes a little longer to make the cupcakes if your only using one pan at a time so I had to invest in a few more.  Hope this helps.
Hello, the Wilton fondant is always a little on the stiffer side compared to other fondants.  It has to be kneaded until it's smooth and pliable.  Most of the time when the fondant tears when putting in on the cake it is because it was rolled out too thin or was uneven and not consistent in thickness throughout the whole piece of fondant.  If you are using the large Wilton rolling pin with the rings, I believe its the orange rings you want to use to make sure its the right...
Hello, sorry you had such a bad time with your fondant.  A few questions, what kind of fondant did you use? Homemade, marshmallow or store bought?  This will help determine where the issue might have been.  Also, was the BC leaking through the fondant or was it bulging on the sides?  
Hello, there are never any stupid questions.   I was looking at your recipe and was wondering if you always use that much "fat" in the recipe, with the butter, crisco and heavy cream?  It was my understanding that if you add heavy cream to anything it's suppose to make it whip up more, so it adds more "air" to it which could explain the air bubbles.  Also, is the icing/frosting not sticking to the cake or is it sliding off, I wasn't clear on that part?  If it slides off,...
Great cake!  Love the trees.
Depending on the size of the pan, it is always good to use a heating core for anything 10 inches or larger so it will bake evenly and eliminate the dome that sometimes happens.  You can buy heating cores at any cake decorating supply shop or I just use my metal flower nails coated with the same thing I used on the pans.   Such as flour and a little shortening.  Place the nails, top side down in the pan after you have filled it with the batter.  Example, if I am baking a...
I know in some buttercream recipes the darker colors have a tendency to become speckled looking if you are using water. The shortening and water as they sit will start to separate and it will affect the color as well. Use whole milk or at least 2% instead. It add more fat to the icing and whips up a lot better plus the colors don't seem to separate as much. Also, when you mix up the recipe do the liquids first before adding the powdered sugar. I also sift my sugar...
I teach the Wilton Classes for Hobby Lobby and a lesson should be provided to you on the first night of class per the Hobby Lobby/Wilton guidelines. Unfortunately, not all store manager's know their own policies and hopefully your instructor has already worked this issue out. I would double check with the instructor who should be contacting you as well about the class. When you register at the Hobby Lobby location a student supply list for the first lesson should be...
My sister requested a basketweave cake with cream cheese frosting once and I knew my normal cream cheese frosting recipe would be too soft. I tried the cream cheese frosting recipe located at the Wilton website and it held up pretty well. It didn't have a real heavy shortening taste either like the normal buttercream. Hope this helps.
I am a Wilton Instructor and it is my understanding the all Wilton Instructors do have a Wilton Supervisor they report their monthly tracking to, you do have that option. Go through the customer service line on the Wilton website. There are two sides to this issue but we as instructors are told that if a student wants to make up a lesson that was missed they can join in on the next available course because you have already paid for the course. Unfortunately we as...