Posts by chrisrich

I've used fondant before for accents, but this is the first time I've used it to cover an entire cake. I'm using the Satin Ice brand, if that makes a difference.Can SOMEINE (anyone?) please give me some techiniques for getting the wrinkles out of the bottom of the cake? The cake is a pair of ta-ta's for a breast cancer survivor, so it's basically two cones sitting side by side covered in one piece of fondant.I was happy with actually getting the fondant ON the cake (that...
I'm making a white wedding cake and don't want to be wasteful. Does anyone have any ideas for how to use all those egg yolks instead of just throwing them away?
Does anyone have the CURRENT Wilton Cake Decorating Idea Book and template book? I need the instructions and patterns for the Leapin' Into Love Cookie/Cupcakes on Pages 55 & 121 for a shower for THIS weekend! Unfortunately, the funding isn't there right now to purchase the book and template book for this one cake idea. Can any of you help? I GREATLY appreciate it! ~Christina
Does anyone have the CURRENT Wilton Cake Decorating Idea Book and template book?I need the instructions and patterns for the Leapin' Into Love Cookie/Cupcakes on Pages 55 & 121 for a shower for THIS weekend! Unfortunately, the funding isn't there right now to purchase the book and template book for this one cake idea.Can any of you help? I GREATLY appreciate it!~Christina
Is the Gallery Search function of the website not working?I've tried typing in what I'm looking for in the the search area and then instead of pulling up cakes related to my search, it bumps me back out to the main gallery page.I've tried both "planes" and "airplanes" and gotten the same result both times.Is anyone else having this issue?I'm looking for ideas for an airplane-themed first birthday party for THIS weekend!
Doug - what do you use to cut the top of the dowel rod after it's already in the cake?
No, I'm not using a box cake. I'm using a recipe for Chocolate Guinness cake that sounds very moist and stable. I've thought about doing it lying down, but would REALLY prefer to do it standing up, if at all possible. My goal is to make it look like this:
Well, it IS icey here in Indiana right now, so the curves are going to be fun when delivering. I'm just trying to allow myself a little extra time so that I won't be stressed. I mean, so that I won't be AS stressed! Who am I kidding? I'm always stressed when there's a cake in my car!Although the cake is going to have about 8 layers of cake, they will be assembled and stacked to look like on big tier (a pint of Guinness when frosted), so I'm not sure that assembling at...
OK, in the end, this cake is supposed to look like one giant pint of Guinness. When I say "layers," I'm talking about them all being the same size and frosted together as one unit.So how do I transport the layers spearately if I won't be able to smooth out the frosting and decorate the cake at the party location?(And what is 'HTH?' I'm not familiar with that abbreviation)~Christina
(bump)