Posts by Jennz818

I use the Viva papertowel method. I crumb coat...let sit for 15 minutes....regular coat....let sit again for 15 minutes and then use a papertowel and rub my hand gently over the cake until smooth. I'm using regular crusting buttercream.
I just ordered 15 colors last night. I actually went through all of my Wilton colors and ordered similar ones to start myself off. I decided to finally do it because I can't stand the stupid Wilton jars that leak. I literally have about 5 different colors stained on my hands right now and I'm completely frustrated!!!! I can't wait to get them....
Thanks for the words. I worked in retail for many many years and always in some sort of a customer service position so I know what it's like to have customers feel like they can do whatever they want. The only reason I even brought in a coupon that wasn't effective yet was because they take expired ones and even Michaels and Rag Shop coupons...why not take one that will eventually be good.The moving thing will probably put me over the end Rhondie....I used to work for a...
Hi all,I really need to vent about the bad day that I had on Monday. First off, my dh and I are selling our home and are hoping to close in a little less than 2 weeks (eek!) so I've been under a little stress with that. The people that are buying our home are probably the biggest pains-in-the butts on the face of the planet. We have bent over backwards for them since the start and they are never happy. Unfortunately, we have been looking for a home for 3 years and don't...
I made a cake for my sister-in-law because they are adopting 3 children and my in-laws were having a party for them. Half way through dessert one of her friends walks over to me, in front of everyone, and says "I just want to give my compliments to the chef"....I was so touched...then he said "because I just found this in my cake"...and he had this hard hair like thing...I realized that it was part of my basting brush that I use to brush on my cake pan grease....I was...
wow, that's a great idea Tonya!! I'll have to try that next time. The first time I had to transport them for my daughters school I put a shirt box together and cut slits in them ...the foil would be much easier.Debbie, I just ate one of the ones I just made...a little stale but the cones were old. I only made 3 out of a batch of 24 cupcakes so my kids could have some.
Debbie, I'll be honest...I only had one of the ones I've made in the past. If they taste stale I wouldn't know. The kids don't seem to mind tho.
Hi everyone,I don't kow if anyone else has ever suggested this but I just thought of it and figured it was a neat tip to pass along.I was making some ice cream cone cupcakes...the ones that you put cake mix directly into the flat bottomed cones and bake....and was concerned they they may tip over in the oven...you know those wobbley ovens. Anyway, I decided to turn the cupcake paper upside down and cut an "X" into the bottom. I then stuck the cone in there and into the...
Debbie,The cake is for July 8th if I decide to make it. I'll be moving the week before that and am starting 2 summer college classes that week also. I haven't decided if I will have time or not. If I make the cake I will definitely post it.Jenn
Debbie,I made the frosting you suggested....I realized that I'm not a huge fan of whipped cream. It's not bad I just don't know what good whipped cream tastes like. I will have a taste testing tomorrow night for poker (perfect poker food).Is there anyway to thicken it up just a little bit?Jenn