Posts by gibson

I had to change how I viewed the DVD under control panel and view files under the DVD option or something like that. I was able to find the recipes there.
I've put his DVD into my computer and still can't find where the recipes are....Could someone please tell me where I would find them on the DVD?
Is there a lilac cutter or would the hydrangea cutter work?
When I first started baking cakes and selling them I was pretty much giving them away, and in a sense I did on purpose because I wanted people to see what I could do and I was excited to bake and decorate cakes. After awhile it got to be very tiring, the compliments weren't enough...don't get me wrong I appreciated them, however now it was becoming a job. I enjoy making cakes but have come to realize I don't turn my oven on if the customer is not willing to pay my price...
I also have to agree with the color choices. You have to think that this is a 50th anniversary. How old are they? What would THEY like? Maybe black is in style right now but I know my MIL wouldn't appreciate it on her 50th anniversary cake. It is an anniversary, time for celebration of 50 years! I think pastels or just gold should've been used. That's my opinion. The black against white sticks out a lot!!!! I do agree she left the color choice in your hands so she...
Wow! I didn't know you could change contracts like that....I'm marching straight to my bank tomorrow morning and telling them when I feel we should pay the mortgage and how much I think we should pay. Wouldn't life be so nice if it were that simple. She is definately walking all over you! I would hold my ground and I think even by this point I would send everything back to her. I agree with making sure she signs for it. Sounds like she would try anything! If she's...
Have you ever thought of purchasing cake boss? That helps you research. You have to go to the grocery store and price all your ingredients out and then figure out prices per cup, tbsp, tsp, etc. You input it into cake boss and it does the figuring for you! It's great! Really opened my eyes to how much I was undercharging. You also have to charge per hour and you can decide what you think your time is worth. It also allows you include overhead and material costs. ...
I tried the link to see your candy apples and it says that the photo does not exist. Would love to see them!
I freeze my cakes overnight and when I cut the tops off in the morning, I of course taste the tops. I find the cake tastes soooo good frozen! She's definately just out to get some money back. Don't give her any back. Do some research and find out if the cake was actually frozen.
I just did cupcakes with a small 7 inch cake with a fall theme and leaves. I did fondant leaves. I looked at that website noted above with the chocolate leaves, now the leaves are beautiful and would be tasty but they are flat. With fondant you put them in your flower formers or something else and you can shape them so they look like they have some movement, they look more realistic. I airbrushed mine all different colors and they were gorgeous! My MIL said nobody is...