Posts by dky

I love your cakes dky. I am a big fan! the sewing cake is so cute. My MIL bday is coming up and she loves sewing. I may have to use it as inspriation if you dont mind.[/quote]Thanks Merissa they are very kind words and very flattering. We are constantly learning and have been able to try lots of wonderful projects because of some very sharing people on CC. As mentioned the sewing cake was not my idea but the CC member was so generous with me and giving me her...
I have a sewing cake posted under my photo where I did buttons... the idea came from another cake central member... who was kind enough to allow me to copy her design, let me know if they are the style you mean and I can share with you what she shared with me
very pretty site. Amazing cakes. For me the thumbnails were very very slow to load, and I would normally have moved onto another site if I was looking to purchase..... which is a shame because the work is stunning.I have fast speed and don't have trouble with other websites so not sure why on these pics. In terms of an earlier question regarding scroll bars, they are a pet hate of mine too and it usually is something to do with the size of the screen people are viewing it...
There are lots of thoughts on this one but the most important thing to keep in mind is local laws. Here where I live it is an illegal practice for the wire to be inserted into the cake. It can however sit on top but not be inserted in the cake.The other suggestion is to place the spray of flowers on a gumpaste plaque, it can either be small so that it can't be seen by the outside or large so it comes out from beyond the spray and used as a feature.The other great thing...
those who mock the fruit cake have never tried a great one.They are very popular here in australia at christmas time. We often sell 50+ at christmas time. The great thing is they can be made sooooo far ahead of time which is great. I often get a head start in September and October for christmas cakes.Up until about 5-10 years ago they were also the most popular cakes used for weddings and christenings here in AUSTRALIAetc again for the staying power. Many decorators could...
MUD CAKES.....Nati has a few posted on this site that are heavenly.karen
kitchenkraft make cupcake inserts that fit directly into the box. Each insert holds 12 cupcakes and they have boxes that fit the inserts perfectly.Otherwise you can get domed clam cupcake shells from lots of suppliers in the US
most of you do have it spot on. JWs do celebrate things like anniversaries, weddings babies etc. They don't celebrate Christmas or Birthdays or have Christenings or communions. They do celebrate a form of easter but not as most of us know it.Many JWs are cake decorators and are on this site to. Making a cake to celebrate one of the above mentioned celebrations that they do not celebrate would come down to personal choice. Some would feel that not celebrating it would also...
if you are going to stick to the rule and deliver all your cakes then yes you should charge for delivery. THey are getting a service and you should cover your cost for that service. I would have a base charge and then determine the rest based on distance. Fuel is expensive and your time is valuable so you need to cover these costs. As far as meeting mid way... not sure, depends what the mid way point is going to be.Don't feel bad about charging.
also depends on local laws. Here in Australia in some states you are "not allowed" to insert wire into a cake even if its only part way to hold up a flower.Some other states allow it if its a particular type of wire etc.The other benefit to plaques is that people can lift off the arrangement and keep it forever as a keepsake.KAREN