Posts by BCo

Good - I was thinking a little brown too!  Glad to know I was on the right track :)  Thank you for your thoughts!
I need to make Pistachio colored fondant....Anyone know what colors to mix to achieve that? I was thinking of starting with a light green pre-colored fondant but wanted to know what colors to add to that to make it more of a pistachio color.   thanks!
Not that I know of but this is my biggest request as well :)  Makes more sense to have your "Favorites" in catagories then to have your personal pictures in catagories when sometimes I don't remember what catagory I put my own pics in if they could fit into multiple catagories :)  I hope they grant this wish that everyone seems to want!!    Usually when I am trying to find pics I favorited say "baby shower" I have to search and search my favorites....and I have favorited...
A tip I use - after many frustrations - for cutting out things I've printed off the computer to use as templates is to wipe a thin coat of shortening all over the back side of the paper cut-out and then place that onto the fondant....no slipping!! The stencil stays stuck to the fondant and doesn't move around while I'm cutting around it with my xacto....then when finished cutting it just peels right off! And yes, a sharp, new blade is best!
I think it was just a lot of change at once...maybe if they rolled out a few changes at a time with a written explanation on how to get the most out of the "new" change that would have been more helpful....I actually just learned 2 new things from reading this post on how to navigate certain things! I guess we can post as we go along and learn the new lay of the land.  I see they did post "how to's" on several changes but maybe it wouldn't be so overwhelming if it was in...
Tried the Chocolate Turtle cake and the Black Forest Cakes this past weekend for a wedding...DELISH!  For the Chocolate Turtle I used a Dark Chocolate Fudge cake filled with Chocolate Ganache (straight up - not whipped) layered with toasted pecans and drizzled with caramel (made using Sweetened Condensed Milk that I turned into caramel using my crockpot - cooked on low for 8 hours in the can - perfection!). The Black Forest I used a Dark Chocolate Fudge cake that I mixed...
Great! thanks!
Same question here!!!!!  Anyone know?  How about Jackie....can you tell us?  A Moderator??? Anyone have a clue?
I HATE that I can't search for specific cakes now...is this just a glitch...am I too dense to figure it out in the new format?  Anyone know if you can search for pics like before?  Now I have resulted to just searching for cake ideas in Google Images.... :(   Help please!
My photos are driving me crazy - I couldn't remember if I uploaded a few of my photos and the "old" way I could just see all my photos in the order I uploaded them so I knew if I had uploaded all of my recent cakes....well now they're all in albums and I can't tell if I uploaded them or not.  I couldn't find a cake I thought I uploaded so I uploaded it again only to find it later on in another folder ...... is there any way we can just see all of our pictures w/o them...