Posts by Marci

Great article!!! I am going to share it with the hubby who does construction - he just can't seem to price himself out of the lag, maybe this will change his view.Thanks!
The cake looks great. As for pricing....You could read all of the thousands of posts on the pricing topic. You could use one of the pricing matrix at the top of the business forum. Or, you could base your wedding cake prices on the price you charge for a non-wedding cake. I have one price per slice of fondant covered cake ($3.00 in North Carolina) regardless of the occasion. If the design is very involved whether in time or ingredients I will up-charge for the design....
I am not renting a kitchen myself, so take everything I say with much salt... (longish post warning)I would recommend that not only are you under his insurance but that you also get your own insurance, in case someone gets sick and wants to sue you or if someone is meeting you about a cake and falls and wants to sue you, etc.When you rent a kitchen for your business, every single thing that you make for a cake has to be done in that kitchen. Gum paste decorations, drying...
Before I made a decision on refunding or not, I would look at the cake they return. Usually I have a policy that if all the cake was eaten, no refund (definitely not 100%) because it couldn't have been all that bad.Since the cake was exactly what they wanted visually, I would not refund 100% of the cake - regardless of how crumbly it was.Oh a side note, crumbly and dry are two very different things.... a cake are be so moist that is too crumbly to pick up and a cake can...
I was wondering about posting sugar pieces - blown, pulled, and poured sugar and isomalt stuff like centerpieces. Is there a place for those to go, or are we just doing cakes?
You can catch out these other posts to see what people are saying:http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-670070-duff.html+fondanthttp://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-671314-duff.html+fondant
This does sound like a nice set-up. You need to make sure that they will pay for your taxes and look into being paid by commission because I know in the US, it is taxed at a higher rate then straight pay. Do you have a business already? Are you shutting that down? If not, that is a huge conflict of interest.Will you be meeting with customers to find out what EXACTLY they want or is someone else taking the orders? Can you train that person to know what questions to...
Maybe you could have some ballet slippers hanging in a window or resting at the base of the tree? Maybe the ballerina climbing into the house so she is a bit more incorporated in the design?
Just reheat it, put your cake on a wire rack over a cookie sheet (to catch the run off) and pour it all over the top. Make sure you cover the sides completely.marci
I would think you might want some rough terrain at the top, but the snow is usually pretty smooth. Although you could "groom" the runs a bit.