Posts by carterl

Dear Mary and Brenda,I am shocked and saddened to learn of your bakery fire. Only God knows why this happened. But know that you will rise again like the Phoenix, and your new business will be even better than before. Thank God no one was hurt. Is there an address where we can send donations to help you out? I'm sure the entire cake community wants to help out in whatever way we can. May God bless you and your employee families. Laura
Yes, I'm not sure how long it will last, but in the meantime, just enjoy it!
In our area, if you use a competitor's coupon, Michael's will add 10% to it. So if you have an AC Moore coupon for 40%, you will get a 50% discount at Michael's.
I'd like to create a 3D guitar cake, which will be propped to stand at an angle using an acrylic cookbook stand. My question is, what will be the best way to create the neck of the guitar, so that it can be attached to the cake, not weigh too much, and not pull the cake apart? Thank you so much for all of your help!!
I've bought mine from Home Goods and thrift stores. I agree with Fierce Confections, that you can make some really awesome ones yourself. Now if only I had a way to display them all
Congratulations Heath and Jackie! What an exciting beginning to your new life together. May God bless you always with loving friends and family, success, and good health. You have brought so much joy to all of us through your website. Thank you for sharing your special day with us here and now we get to look forward to the world's tallest baby shower cake
Overall, I liked the new show because Buddy does take the time to explain things and his cakes are incredible. I also liked how he connected with his clients on a personal level. I didn't like the way he treated Stretch. Whether it was staged or not, a true professional does not punish his employees when things go wrong. We've all had cakes fall apart in transit, it happens. Buddy should learn from Duff Goldman and see how he handled bad situations, without resorting...
Dear Heath and Jackie, I am so very happy for you! I haven't been on CC for awhile, so I apologize for being so late in my congratulations. I would love to add a little something to your special cake. It will definitely be a cake made of 100% love. May God bless you always, Laura
I got my yearbook at Michael's last week. It is awesome! I think it is one of the best yearbooks to date. They have a section on 3-D cakes that shows some of the most creative designs. The only problem is that I haven't been able to get the pattern book yet. You'll definitely need it for some of the cakes in there. I hope you get yours soon. Just a wonderful book and fitting tribute to a company that turns 80 this year.
Thanks vrmcii. Hard to believe that there is such a big difference in serving portions. But I'd rather go with having too much cake than not enough.