Posts by Stitches

Can you do that with white chocolate plastic so it's more edible? That would be fun! Hum.... goldfish crackers.......I see a blue velvet cupcake, with waves of frosting and goldfish jumping on top.
Ditto. Technically you can divide an egg in half...but it's a pain.
It depends upon what the contest rules say they are looking for, no? If it's got to be a 'cupcake' I take that as being different than a 'muffin'. So beware of changing up your recipe too much to be muffin like. Also remember usually the simpler recipes win....   I seriously wonder what a standard white cake tastes like with cheddar added. It might be good.   I love sweet and salty combo's a lot! You might not need to make your cupcake too savory.   I like...
I always find it first depends upon the size of YOUR cake not what the photo looks like. If your version is smaller, like a 10, 8, 6, 4 you'd probably use a #2 tip.  But if your cake is 14, 12, 10, 8 a #3 or #4 would be about right.   Also it depends on how heavy of a squeezer you are. I keep thinking I need a #3 for detail and every time I use it, it looks really heavy because I'm using a lot of pressure to increase my speed. I can use a #2 tip and get those heavier...
Honestly, the pinecones look real!
My experience with that has been too much egg. That also explains the rubbery texture.
Glad to help.............
It's very subjective to your personal liking.   Generally I really like contrast, so vanilla cake, vanilla cheesecake and amaretto frosting sounds great to me. It's got 3 different flavors technically. The amaretto cheesecake will taste different than the amaretto frosting because of the tang of the cream cheese................so it could be good or could be over load.   Yes, there is only so much liquid you can add to a cheesecake.............but since amaretto is...
I'd buy the least expensive. There used to be differences when they first began making these kinds of mats but that was 10 years or so ago. They all are good now. The Mat isn't meant for baking............so don't try to use that............ha.
THIS, is the correct answer for the OP!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't matter if you use a water bath or not, doesn't matter how long you bake it or at what temp., but you've got to bake it until set (the eggs cook enough to set) at min. 150F. You can make them as thin or thick as you want but they are a CUSTARD and must be treated as one, not over or under baked. Also there are many different textures based on the proportions and the ingredients in the custard (egg & cream cheese...