Posts by Stitches

Here's some éclair inspiration, http://www.caplanmiller.com/blog/2011/10/17/must-have-monday-fauchon-eclairs/   I LOVE ECLAIRS!!!!
Soap. 
I thought about ordering from them to give it a taste, but got cheap. I'd rather order something more interesting for my dollar.   Anyway, my point for posting on this thread is...........MAN, you can not believe how they constantly send emails out! I don't want to receive 2 or email per week from ANY company. There isn't any content in the emails like a news letter....just a link to their site to buy a cake.
The only way that will work perfectly for you is if you measure out and weigh your own cake batters or if your using the same exact recipe the conversion chart creator used. Because every cake batter weighs different amounts. 1 cups worth of vanilla cake batter from my recipe probably weighs less than 1 cup full of AZCoutures vanilla cake.   Than each cake rises differently. 1 cup of my vanilla cake batter remains the same height as the liquid batter. Where as 1 cup of...
 I would suggest to you that you've pretty much gotten lucky with all your recipes turning out well. Your cakes probably taste sweeter and less chocolaty than they would have if you used pure unsweetened cocoa powder. You didn't really use a different ingredient..........you used LESS unsweetened cocoa powder and more sugar and milk solids instead of pure unsweetened cocoa powder.
Good Work LIZ! I never would have thought to attempt a custard in the micro..   You probably could start a new thread just on short cuts using the microwave.   My 2 favorite uses of the microwave; softening butter and melting chocolate. I couldn't melt chocolate with-out one anymore.   I use it all the time to heat any liquids, like heavy cream for ganache. If you have to live with-out something (like a stove) necessity really is the mother to invention!! I bet...
That would be my explanation too. It happens to some extent with sponge cakes that don't have any additional leavening but the eggs. The kind of cake where you don't spray the pan because the cake needs to cling to the side of the pan as it bakes to support it's structure. Once you cut the cake from the pan it can slouch. Also could happen if your oven dropped temp. halfway through the bake. I just looked up~~titanium dioxide in food...........yuck! I never thought about...
How exciting Liz (I can't wait to hear more details about your bakery)! Have you ever thought of using an induction cook top? I find them to be amazing!! They don't take much space and you can easily move them around like a Cuisinart.They boil water in seconds and I can make a curd or custard in half (or less) time than over a stove. Plus in my area they don't require a vent hood because there is not flame....no chance for a fire.   I've used it for deep frying and...
pass it on..............the help that is.
You can warm it up (don't over heat it) until liquid again in the microwave (easier than a double boiler). Stir it good and if there still are lumps strain it into another bowl to eliminate them. Treat as normal.