Posts by Stitches

I can see why your wife choose that title.........but it probably doesn't fit the OP.   An R&D Chef is usually not labeled as an executive chef......with-in the industry.
I googled it too.   It's what I think of as fondant, that you'd use on petite fours or doughnuts. The stuff I've purchased before on jobs was always a pain because you'd have to thin it in order to use it...plus if you over heat it, it looses it's shine. Although there is a brand that you can buy in powder form so it lasts forever and you make it the consistency you want.   But the catch is, I like how cheap homemade frosting is compared to buying buckets of fondant....
I think agar is a thickening/binding agent.
I knew you knew that, that's why I wrote what I did. Don't let yourself be categorized as anything less than a professional, don't accept it, point out the differences. Don't ever act unprofessionally in anyway and others won't categorize you either.  Jason, an 'executive' chef title is usually (in the industry) reserved for chefs who have other chefs working under them.....and or a chef that isn't hands on.
I LOVE a shortbread cookie frosted like a sugar cookie for taste, but the darn things are too fragile to make in mass. That's why I was delighted with the NFSC. It was the first cookie I've used that you can under bake (less than golden brown) and dip/frost right out of the oven. It's like the old timex ad's: takes a beating and keeps on ticking.
Thank-you! I have a customer who likes a softer cookie. Where do you buy your white & glossy frosting? Are they fondant?
ddaigle I'd love to try your recipe when I get some free time. Have you made the nfsc recipe before.....if so, can you explain how your recipe is different that makes you happier with it? Is it softer, firmer, more flavorful, easier to work with, etc....?   Also, do you have a frosting/glaze recipe you love on your cookies?   I've been using one that was posted on another sugar cookie recipe thread here and although I love it I'd like it to be even shinier.
Silly girl....it doesn't lessen your skill level or knowledge because your a Mom too, and it doesn't lessen your degree if you bake from home or if you bake from a restaurant.   If you have a degree or certificate in baking or pastry arts, than you are a certified pastry chef.   Just as professional cake decorators here at CC choose to distinguish themselves from non-professionals....always be and act professionally. That will separate yourself from the people whom...
Thank-you ApplegumPam, you were correct about my intent in my earlier post....thanks for explaining better than I did. If you want to learn about the importance of ingredients in a baking recipe start with a recipe you've already baked and know well. Than begin experimenting with that recipe. Every time you bake that recipe change the ingredients and proportions of them and you will see how ingredients effect each other. OR if you seriously want help, there are millions of...
Ah.......your right, good point! I never thought about that because I own a lot of pans.