Posts by mary-ann

Great idea. Thanks for posting!
My 38 year old niece wanted to decorate a cake so she bought some Wilton fondant. She couldn't believe she had to roll it out! She thought it came already rolled and she just nicely laid it on her cake. She ended up icing it and let her kids make the decorations. She gave up cake decorating after that.
I just stumbled on this website that has some great images, especially in the "Patterns and Wallpapers" section that could also be used for cakes.www.vectorstock.com(Mod edited to provide working link.)
Thanks KoryK. That helps!
I'm looking for a picture of a monogram made to look like it's made of branches but can't find one. Has anyone done this? I'm making a fall wedding cake with acorns, pinecones and lots of leaves and thought this would look nice as the topper.
Thanks so much for posting these instructions KHalstead! I made a small monogram for a wedding shower cake and the customer loved it. The photo is here: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1807305.html
Jo-ann's has The Cricut Expression is on sale for $300 regularly $400.
When I took a tour of the Chicago French Pastry School at the ICES convention, they had a demo on melting chocolate in the microwave without tempering. I don't remember all the specifics. Anyone else go on that tour?
Thanks tatorchip! I just sent you a pm.
I just got my cricut and have a jpeg that I want to use for a cake due Saturday. Is there anyone that can convert it to an SVG for me? I was hoping to do it myself but it looks more involved than I anticipated and will take me a few more days to learn. I can't wait to try this!Mary Ann