Posts by LittleBigMomma

What about using butcher's tape?
I got a call last week where the customer told me that she could only spend $100 on a cake. She wanted a square 4 tier cake for 80-90 people. The tone she used made it sound like that was her offer. THIS IS THE CAKE I WANT and I ONLY HAVE $100!!! And she didn't want icing with butter in it. Well, I thought, if her toilet backs up, does she call the plumber and tell him she only has $25.00!!!
I would use fondant and make the spikes a week in advance to let them dry.
I agree. Less drama and more cakes!!!
I agree. Less drama and more cakes!!!
Strawberry!
I recently did something similar to this. However, the lady that owns the shop only does weddding cakes and cupcakes. She ordered fondant emblems for groom's cakes and paid me for them individually. Once she ordered a groom's cake, paid me for the cake and sold it to her client. Most of the work I did in my own shop. I did work for her in her shop a couple of days and she paid me by the hour. While is was there, I baked and decorated cupcakes and made fondant figures...
It's probably the humidity! Here in Alabama the humidity is dealing us fits. Even indoors with the AC on buttercream is affected. Last week my BC had the consistency of pudding.
It's all in the wrist. Move ONLY your wrist!
I LOVE FAT DADDIOS!!! I also have Magic Line and Wilton pans. But, I am replacing them with Fat Daddios. My cakes bake more evenly, level and taller. I would highly recommend FD's!!!!