Posts by icingonthecupcake

ok, but how did everyone do it ? what program did you use?
caketopia!!
Hi, Does anyone know of a place where I can order cupcake description cards for my cupcakes, you know the little sign that cupcakeries sometimes have with the specail name of the cupcake and small description of the flavors? I have been searching but haven't found anywhere that does something like this. Thank you for your help.
I am doing two sandbox cakes this weekend for twins, they are in love with the backyardigans and I would like to make them each a cake with the backyardigans playing with them. I plan to make a square cake but not covered in fondant but with those wood replica sides. My question is what is a good material to use for the wood sides. I don't want to use all gumpaste because it is so expensive. I'm not sure that fondant will stay sturdy enough to be a wall. Have you done...
I am catering a junior prom this weekend and I have to make 200 cupcakes with 10 different stands of 10 different flavors. The client requested that I display a place card that gives the name of each cupcake and what flavor it is. I have seen this place cards before but I would like to know if there is a special program that I need to buy to make them ? Should I write them out myself? I want them to look professional so any ideas will be greatly appreciated!Thanks Jasmine
My daughter's birthday party is on Saturday and for the last three months I have been asking her what kind of cake she wanted and every response is the same. She wants an all chocolate cake with chocolate icing with gummy bears. That's It!! Nothing else!! I keep asking her if she wants a charachter or a certain design, but she just says no chocolate and gummy bears. Well I intend to grant her wish but I would like to jazz it up a bit, maybe add some other colorful...
I am catering a Junior Prom in May with 200 cupcakes. I am making 10 different flavors and I plan to display them on 10 different cake standskind of like a cupcake bar. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can buy cute cake stands to display them for a great price? If anyone knows of a great website please let me know.Thanks!Jasmine
I really didn't think that I would get this many responses from this post but this has been very helpful. I am reading a lot of the responses and although some may not like Chica Chocolatina it seems that they don't like the name because it seems to Latin or reminds them of tex-mex. It seems like many of you have never read the book "Chocolatina" which is about a little girl who looovesss chocolate so much that one day she turns into a Huge chocolate bar! Her name btw...
I appreciate all of your help and although chica chocolatina seems a little cutesy and not a clear indication of what I'm selling Sprinkles in California is a very well known cupcake place and when I think of Sprinkles I think of ice cream also Bleeding Heart Bakery in Chicago can cause people to think of a million different things other than cupcakes but they are a very successful organic bakery as well. I believe eventually by word of mouth via a great product people...
I am looking for a scratch dark chocolate cake recipe that makes a moist, rich dense cake. I found a recipe that I loved like this a long time ago, but I have since lost it and would like to find another one.