Posts by cakesbyjess

This is such a great cake! Thanks so much for sharing your how-to instructions! Does anyone know how many servings this cake (10" round with 6" ears) has? Please let me know. Thanks!
Thanks so much for letting me know! I was going to call Cake Craft today, and then I realized that I don't think the 16" pans would fit in my oven! The 16" rounds barely do!
Thanks to everyone for all of your great help and suggestions. I ended up letting the bride know this afternoon that I was not able to do the square tiers because it was too late at this point to order the pans that I needed. It didn't seem worth all of the stress and extra trouble I would have had to go through (and have already gone through ... I think I'm getting an ulcer! ), and she's the one who just made the last minute change. She emailed me and said that round...
Thanks for suggesting this. I hadn't thought about this. If no one here is able to help me, I will look into this. Thanks!
I totally agree ... unfortunately, I don't have that detail in my contract (but you can bet I'll be adding it after this fiasco!). This bride has been a nightmare. I met with her back in March, and she just decided her flavors LAST WEEK!! I kept emailing her all summer to try to get her to decide. I've been bending over backwards for her, and I'm kicking myself for doing that now. She doesn't even seem appreciative for me being so accommodating. It's my own fault, since I...
Hi! I've gotten myself into a bind, and I'm hoping maybe someone in the Columbus, OH area can help me out. I have a wedding next weekend (9/13), and the bride(zilla) has decided at the last minute that she wants square tiers instead of round tiers. It's a 4-tier cake, so I need to make the bottom tier 16". I thought I had 16" square pans, but I've looked everywhere and can't find them. The biggest pans I have are 14" squares. I looked into buying some online, but in...
I put each one in a mini cupcake liner, and then line them up in a cake box. Not very exciting, but it works.
I use a very thin crumb coat ... just enough to provide something for the fondant to adhere to. I have found that you will get "squishy" spots in the fondant if you use too much buttercream underneath.
I use candy "sequins" to make my confetti cake. I mix about a 1/4 cup (maybe more) per batch of white cake batter. I get them in a 5-pound carton from my wholesale supplier.Here are a couple of links to online suppliers where you can buy them:http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=2&ShopId=39&CatId=624&SubCatId=1523&productId=618060http://www.fancyflours.com/quins-bright-sequins.html
indydebi ... as usual, your amazingly wise insight has convinced me to change my mind about this whole "prices on my website" issue. I have always had the mindset that it's better not to put my prices on my website because I don't want someone to rule me out just because of my prices. But ... I also get tired of spending my time replying to emails/phone calls with pricing info and then never hearing from people again. So, I think you've convinced me to add my prices to my...