Posts by JennT

Bump.....please, anyone? Help a girl out!
Thanks!I know...there are a fair amount of decorators from that area here at CC.....surprised there's no bites yet. If I could afford the stinking gas to drive up there, I'd go do it myself, LOL. She had a cake-girl that she used for a few years but the last few times she ordered from her the cakes tasted horrible....looked ok, but yucky. Just was trying to help her out.Anyone...anyone? Bueller? Anyone??
BUMP....
Hi everyone - My step-mother is in need of a decorator for a cake due in about 2 weeks. She lives up in the Canton/Woodstock, GA area, but can drive a fair distance to pick up. The cake is to be a replica of a convertible Toyota car...pics to be emailed to decorator. She wants someone who's really good at 3D cakes. If you are in the area and have availability, please let me know asap. You can reach me thru a PM here at Cake Central or email me at jennifer thompson @ ...
I don't think there's anything to be concerned about here, really. It could simply be that they have an overstock in the back and they want to mark the Wilton products down to move them out. As for the items that are marked more than what Wilton sells them for directly...well, it's the same as any retail operation...there's always a mark-up on products (difference between what the store pays the vendor for the item and what the store charges the customer) so the store...
DING, DING, DING...We have aaaaa winnnnerrrr!!!! You nailed it, girl! I live in a town that isn't tiny, necessarily, but has a lot of rich people living with a very small town frame of mind. The wealthy class here is LARGE and very connected. They all use the same jewelers, doctors, shop at the same clothiers, go to the same restaurants, frequent the same art galleries, etc. Very similar to big cities like NYC, LA, Atlanta, etc. The rich follow the rich....whatever...
I think it might depend on where you live, too....urban, suburban, country, etc. The 'trendier' the vibe in your community is, the more likely people will expect more than just the standard, KISS approach to cake flavors, IMO. They'll want to see lots of different and exciting, maybe even exotic, choices and also will expect those old-fashioned standard flavors (the choc., vanilla, marble, etc.) to be 'just-like-grandma-used-to-make' good, too! Know what I mean? I...
I agree...I don't think they taste differently but I'm sure they perform differently. I like White Lily for things like biscuits, pancakes, cornbread etc. but use King Arthur or Silk brands for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, desserts.
Cake Joy or Cake Joy by Jodi
I don't understand. Why would they lock a thread just because someone is sharing a template with other members?