Castor Sugar

Decorating By camomama5 Updated 26 Jul 2014 , 4:26pm by KathleenC

camomama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camomama5 Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 6

ASorry I can't seem to find a clear answer. Is castor sugar the same as extra fine granulated like you would use in IMBC?

5 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 6

Caster sugar is very fine and when I have a recipe that calls for it I just run a bunch through either the blender of food processor, pulsing quite a few times.  Then I measure the amount.

camomama5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
camomama5 Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 5:21pm
post #3 of 6

AThank u!!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by camomama5 

Sorry I can't seem to find a clear answer. Is castor sugar the same as extra fine granulated like you would use in IMBC?

In Australia we call it Castor Sugar - whilst other Countries call it Extra Fine ...but it is the same thing.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Jul 2014 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluehue 

In Australia we call it Castor Sugar - whilst other Countries call it Extra Fine ...but it is the same thing.

Yes, my grocery store sells extra fine sugar labeled as "Bakers Sugar" by C&H I think.  It comes in a paper style milk carton.  It's easy to pour out from the spout, then I can put a bulldog clip in the opening to seal it tight.

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 26 Jul 2014 , 4:26pm
post #6 of 6

In Canada, it's also called "Berry Sugar", and the bag clarifies that by saying "extra fine granulated sugar".  You can also buy Super Fine Sugar at Bulk Barn.

Before I figured that out what was what (thank you Google), I was whizzing sugar in my (clean) coffee grinder.  Pain in the rear!

It's so darn confusing sometimes.  :) 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%