Not To Chocolatey Red Velvet Recipe Asap! !

Baking By dyasia87 Updated 1 Aug 2014 , 6:22pm by dyasia87

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 22 Jul 2014 , 1:55pm
post #1 of 8

AHi I'm looking for a not so chocolatey red velvet cake!!! I need to make one for this friday!! I made some cupcakes yesterday just one dozen and that recipe alone called for 3 tablespoons on cocoa....isnt that too much?? The cupcakes tasted more like chocolate to me...I dint like that at all

7 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 3:19am
post #2 of 8

Red velvet is red chocolate cake. I don't know of a red velvet cake recipe that is less chocolatey. Maybe others have a suggestion for you.

bubs1stbirthday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubs1stbirthday Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 4:40am
post #3 of 8

If you found it too chocolatey for your taste couldn't you just leave some of the cocoa out?

Replace the cocoa powder you leave out with an equal amount of plain flour if need be for the texture of the cake depending on how much cocoa powder you leave out.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 23 Jul 2014 , 1:13pm
post #4 of 8

Quote:

Red velvet is red chocolate cake. 

Respectfully, a red velvet cake isn't a chocolate cake dyed red.  It's a tangy, sweet cake with a slight hint of cocoa.  If you take a look at Cakeman's red velvet recipe, his only calls for 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.  If your recipe calls for three tablespoons, simply scale it back to one or two teaspoons and that will be more authentic. 

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 26 Jul 2014 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 8

Too late for your specific request, but this is a recipe I've tried, and it's quite good, and not very chocolately, IMO.  (Actually, the first time I made it, I was disappointed it wasn't chocolately, because I didn't know at the time that it wasn't supposed to be a "chocolate" cake in the traditional sense.  :))

http://www.food.com/recipe/waldorf-astoria-red-velvet-cake-8972

hmcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmcakery Posted 26 Jul 2014 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 8

My go-to recipe for red velvet cake is one written by Divas can cook. Here's the link: http://divascancook.com/the-best-red-velvet-cake-recipe-easy-homemade-moist-with-southern-flair/

It's the best one I've ever had and I've made A LOT of different recipes. Just be sure to line your pans with parchment paper, otherwise the cake will stick to the pan. It's so soft, moist, and flavorful without too much cocoa. Hope you like it!

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 26 Jul 2014 , 5:19pm
post #7 of 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmcakery 

My go-to recipe for red velvet cake is one written by Divas can cook. Here's the link: http://divascancook.com/the-best-red-velvet-cake-recipe-easy-homemade-moist-with-southern-flair/

It's the best one I've ever had and I've made A LOT of different recipes. Just be sure to line your pans with parchment paper, otherwise the cake will stick to the pan. It's so soft, moist, and flavorful without too much cocoa. Hope you like it!

;-D;-D;-D

dyasia87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyasia87 Posted 1 Aug 2014 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 8

AThanks guys I've tried cake man and I love it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%