Gone Rogue

Business By Shaele Updated 24 Jul 2014 , 3:03pm by -K8memphis

Jesi Winter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesi Winter Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 2:32pm
post #31 of 33

AThe Rogue Baker sounds pretty good. Gives you the name of rogue and shows a background of yourself. Definitely make fir a good blog or Facebook page.

Shaele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shaele Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 2:44pm
post #32 of 33

The Rogue Baker is already an established blog.  : /

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jul 2014 , 3:02pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaele 

... I want to be able to do the things that interest me most and make me happy.  

so long as there are enough people to buy what interests you most you'll be good to go --

i would think -- off the top of my head -- that you would need a population larger than 50,000 to support this as free standing business with all the other cakers already in town plus grocery stores and other cottage foodies (but my light research into the matter doesn't bode well for cf for this type of product in wv) -- if you are doing from home and it was a second income or hobby it would have a better chance -- but you might be limited to farmers markets --

i think you need to certainly incorporate your interests but you have to be/stay appealing to the mainstream to succeed-- and i love to bake with alcohol but that's a more expensive product to produce too -- don't niche yourself out of your market --

doing a market study shows you not only a snapshot of what you are up against but also more importantly what is open and available, where there could be holes in the baking time continuum that you could fill -- before you pull the trigger, agh triggers and open a business --

best to you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%