Pop-Up Waxed Paper Squares, Just Bought My First Box....

Decorating By MBalaska Updated 20 Jul 2014 , 3:51am by Apti

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 4

I've been looking at that big box of Pop-up waxed paper squares at the Big Box Store for years.  They seemed expensive, more than I wanted to spend.  Dang, I've only had them for a few days but it is one of the handiest things I've added to my kitchen in ages.

No more fighting with the box, just reach into the cupboard grab a sheet and pull it out.  I'm already tickled by how handy they are.  I like to sit a piece of waxed  paper down to sit my messy greasy sticky stuff on when I'm making a mess.  Nice discovery.:)

{am I one of the only people who buys commercial goodies for my home kitchen???}

3 replies
FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 11:30pm
post #2 of 4

I am with you! I bought these because I roll out my sugar cookie dough between sheets of wax paper....these have really reduced frustration. I buy mine at Sam's, so I think the cost is comparable...my only complaint is that I do wish the sheets were maybe 3" larger!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 2:00am
post #3 of 4

Ayes I love commercial products, aluminum foil & plastic wrap --plus I had to learn how to use those itsy bitsy bottles of grocery store vanilla when my sams club membership lapsed for about a year --

i had also been patch working parchment triangles to line my sheet pans -- it started when I tried to use some Wilton parchment triangles for piping and they just kept busting so then instead of returning them I baked on them --but finally I got some full sheet size parchment liners and I was born again

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Jul 2014 , 3:51am
post #4 of 4

Been using them for years, even before caking.   A long time ago I read that using plastic wrap in the microwave imparted some chemicals to the food so I started using wax paper or paper towels to cover the nuked items while they were in the nuker.  My sister purchased a huge box of the waxed paper squares for my birthday about 8 years ago and I haven't been able to survive without them. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%