Is This Americolor Sky Or Royal Blue? It's Driving Me Crazy!!

Decorating By FrostedMoon Updated 18 Jul 2014 , 6:11pm by Kadesan

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 6

I need to try to match the lighter blue in this cake.  Which one is it?  I've colored fondant with both and depending on the light and which screen I'm seeing the pic on it changes to me.  I warned the customer I can't guarantee exact shades, but she bought candy to match this and really wants the cake, cupcakes, and cake pops to match too.  I'd love to get it close for her.

Thanks!

5 replies
LoriBrown Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriBrown Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 6

AWouldn't be easier to ask the customer for a sample of the candy she is trying to match? It is hard to tell the color of the blue in the photo since the lighting is not very good? If you look at the bottom layer I think it is white but looks very blue.

FrostedMoon Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, that would have been easier.  Except she just told me about the candy and the cake is for tomorrow.  

Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 6

If it helps you; I just went and got some Americolour Sky blue which I have at hand now. And 'in my opinion'; it is not at all the sky blue. In my experience of using both Sky and Royal Blue; I would say that's a veeery light shade of the Royal Blue. i.e; just a little bit kneaded into the fondant to achieve that light shade. Hope someone else can help and god luck :smile:

FrostedMoon Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 6

That is helpful, thanks!  I am leaning towards the very light royal blue, too.  I think Sky blue has a bit too much green in it.  I needed someone else to agree with me though.  :)

Thanks!

Kadesan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kadesan Posted 18 Jul 2014 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrostedMoon 

That is helpful, thanks!  I am leaning towards the very light royal blue, too.  I think Sky blue has a bit too much green in it.  I needed someone else to agree with me though.  :)

Thanks!

I agree; the sky blue sometimes almost looks a bit Tiffany blue "teal-ish". You're very much welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%