Greek Alphabet Cutters

Decorating By JuliaMarie Updated 17 Jul 2014 , 4:15pm by hbquikcomjamesl

JuliaMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JuliaMarie Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 8:04am
post #1 of 4

AHey there. Can anyone help? I'm looking for Greek alphabet cookie cutters. Does anyone know where I can get good quality ones?

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeymom Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 4

I purchased several of these and have not had a problem with them.

http://www.greekgear.com/sorority-greek-letter-cookie-cutters.html

Cakeymom

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 17 Jul 2014 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 4

Or if you want top quality, and are willing to pay for it, coppergifts.com (although they don't stock Greek letters) will make anything you need. For a price. I consider them the Rolls Royce (or in the case of custom jobs, the Lamborghini) of cookie cutters. Some years ago, when I was unable to find a replacement for a worn-out (and evidently discarded) cutter in a shape I can only describe as an "integral sign," that was the perfect shape and size for my mother's famous shortbread recipe, they were able to perfectly duplicate it from a drawing I did from memory.

Wood Type Cookies, Mk. 1

This picture was a test from the "wood type cookie project" for the printing museum, a couple of years ago; that's why the integral signs are backwards, mounted on rectangular bases, and frosted; the surface is less-than-smooth because this was also a test of using a vegan margarine to accommodate a fellow docent with a strong dairy allergy.

Regarding the ones from greekgear.com, I kind of figured that a dealer in fraternity/sorority merchandise would have them. So, in all likelihood, would a purveyor of hellenic merchandise. Note that at greekgear.com, it's individual letters, in only one (fairly large) size, at $6 apiece. Quite a bit cheaper than what it would cost to have CopperGifts make them up to order, but a full alphabet set would still set you back around $144.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%