How Far In Advance Can Lustre Powder Be Used?

Decorating By Muberoo Updated 19 Jul 2014 , 12:04pm by Muberoo

Muberoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Muberoo Posted 14 Jul 2014 , 8:15pm
post #1 of 5

AHi everyone,

I've decided to stop lurking because I finally have a question I can't find the answer to on the forum so your advice would be appreciated!

I have to paint 300 sugar blossom flowers in lustre dust for a wedding cake. Due to my schedule, I would like to get going on this ASAP but the cake isn't required until the middle of August. If I use lustre dust now, will it still be sparkly and lustrous in 5 weeks time when I attach the flowers to the cake? I'm planning to steam it too and was wondering if this will help it stay on the flowers.

I really don't want to have to paint the flowers with lustre dust twice so I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me if my planning ahead will later bite me in the behind!

Thanks,

Hollie

4 replies
Muberoo Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 10:23am
post #2 of 5

A*bump*, since I would really like an answer or advice! Thanks!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 11:55am
post #3 of 5

should be fine -- keep them lightly covered away from light -- i would keep mine in my speed rack between sheet trays

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 11:59am
post #4 of 5

AThe other day I threw some flowers away that I had left over from a cake in mid may. They were still sparkling away, looked exactly like they did when I made them. I kept them in a cardboard box.

Muberoo Posted 19 Jul 2014 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 5

AGreat! Thanks very much for sharing your experiences? I'll get in with those this week then and hopefully won't have to redo them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%