Full Sheet Pan For $3?

Decorating By craftybanana Updated 13 Jul 2014 , 1:39am by enga

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all,

A restaurant supply store (more like a liquidation store) is selling full size sheet pans for $3 each. Is that good for a used pan? And will that fit in a regular size home-oven? I was thinking of buying a few but not sure. The picture they used to advertise them only shows about 50+ stacked up high.

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 10

That is a very good price BUT........without seeing it it's hard to say if it's a good buy.  They may be caked w/lots and lots of grease, dented, warped out of shape (won't sit level) and other things.  You would have to measure your oven to know if it would fit but most likely it won't.  Remember, there is a lip on each end that you need to figure into the measure.

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 10

No, they will not fit in a regular sized oven. But I use mine for storing and drying bc roses and royal iced cookies. That is still a nice deal though.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 10

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftybanana 
And will that fit in a regular size home-oven?

No.

$8.37 ea. @ Sam's Club...

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/full-size-aluminum-sheet-pan-18-x-26/180304.ip?navAction=

enga Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 10:47pm
post #5 of 10

Wow I didn't know they were that cheap at Sam's. If you do but any I agree with kaeladi, check them for levelness and any warps or rust. When I bought mine used for five bucks, I went through the whole stack and picked out the best ones.

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 11:15pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks for all of your replies! I guess I'll leave those pans alone then. Some of them looked warped, but they only showed the side, no tops. I guess I really don't need anymore cookie pans, but I'm always looking for a good deal and an excuse to buy another kitchen item! :)

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 12:54am
post #7 of 10

I purchase the pans from Sam's last year. I love them. They are well made. I use parchment paper on them and after a year of abuse, they still look like new. And they fit in a standard oven. ;)

enga Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 12:59am
post #8 of 10

GET OUT! REALLY?, thanks for the tip!

* I just measured my oven racks, they measure 24X16 1/2  the ones on the Sam's link are 26X18 :(  I already have those.

I thought that you might have gotten a special sheet pan for home ovens. I think I'm going to look around for some half sheet pans. You most have a pretty big oven, lol.

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 1:10am
post #9 of 10

A half sheet pan will fit in my ovens, but not a full sheet...a place in Columbus, Ohio sells full sheets new for about $4-5...I use them for a lot of diff things...I bought cooling racks that fit them and use them not only for cooling, but for glazing cookies and just all kinds of things

By the way the name of that restaurant supply in Columbus is Restaurant Equippers

enga Posted 13 Jul 2014 , 1:26am
post #10 of 10

I miss being able to use my commercial oven. Not for residential, shhhhhh I have all these full size pans (muffin,sheet cake, and sheet pans) and they don't fit in my standard oven :cry: 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%