Whipping Cream Vs Milk

Decorating By SweetOutlaws Updated 12 Jul 2014 , 9:23pm by SweetOutlaws

SweetOutlaws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:40am
post #1 of 5

I've got to say that today, I made another batch of cupcakes with remake at buttercream, about a week ago I posted about grainy buttercream and how do I keep from that from happening. 

I found a buttercream recipe that called for whipping cream instead of using milk, it calls for 1-2 tablespoons of whipping cream I used one, and this frosting turned out so perfect! Has anyone else had better luck using whipping cream rather than milk?

What does everyone prefer?

Whipping Cream or Milk???

4 replies
Smckinney07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smckinney07 Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 5:23am
post #2 of 5

AIf I make an American BC (powdered sugar, butter, etc) I prefer to use heavy whipping cream, it has a higher fat content which makes a creamier/thicker BC.

I did just read that when using cream rather then milk, you should whip the icing at a slow-med speed (rather then med-high). Apprently this keeps the cream from expanding and adding too much air in you BC, which leaves you with small air pockets/holes.

SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 5:33am
post #3 of 5

Yea I've made this buttercream before with the whipping cream, and I think not only does come out exactly how I want it to, but I think it has a better taste with whipping cream. When I made the last batch with milk in my buttercream, it looked to grainy and was very wet. 

I think whipping cream is the best choice for buttercream! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who prefers whipping cream!

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 11:01am
post #4 of 5

AI also use whipping cream in my ABC. This way, it turns out creamyer, smoother and "lighter" (sounds weird saying a ABC is light!).

SweetOutlaws Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 5

Yea it does sound weird, but Whipping Cream has some magical powers, and I know now that milk will never be in my ingredients for ABC, like I said whipping cream gives a better taste in frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%