Sizes

Decorating By momo4s Updated 10 Jul 2014 , 3:30am by momo4s

momo4s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momo4s Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 5:31pm
post #1 of 5

Ok three questions folks.....1) I'm assuming the cake sizes on this cake are 12, 10, and 8, is that correct? 2) Is each teir 5in high? Just looks higher than my usual 4in teirs.    3)   for the edible jewels, what size MM do you think they are?  I've never done edible jewels before so I want to order them correctly the first time.   Thanks all!

4 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 5

looks like a regular 10/8/6 x 4 to me. 

momo4s Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 5

ok, thank you!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 10:04pm
post #4 of 5

There is more of a difference between the bottom & middle tier than 2" so I think it is 11 or 12" not 10".  The middle is an 8" and the top is 6".  They probably look taller to you because they are small.  A 6"x4" will look much taller than one that is 12 or 10"x4:)

Seeing a picture is fooling.  I remember one time someone posted a pic & asked us to guess it's sizes and most of us said 12, 9, 6 when it was only 8, 5, & 3!   It really isn't important what size a pictured cake is.  More important is how many people your customer wants to serve:)  

The siZe of the jewels will depend on what size you end up making the cake which will determine what size the decorations will be.

momo4s Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 3:30am
post #5 of 5

you're right, it does look like a bigger difference on the bottom two. She wants to feed 100 which made me think I'd have to do an 8,10,12 for servings but she bought the topper online which fits the 6 best but I could always do a row of the diamonds around the edge if I had to do an 8.......    Thanks so much for your response kakeladi, definitely helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%