I Just Need To Vent For A Minute. No Biggie

Decorating By Nic Fury Updated 6 Jul 2014 , 9:48am by kuuushi

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 5 Jul 2014 , 9:59pm
post #31 of 36

Quote:

Originally Posted by maisie73 

OP, you said "am I missing something? I told her I'd be available........" Clearly you're not missing anything because you said yourself you told her you'd be available!

The OP actually said, 'I told her I'd be unavailable.' She was talking about the time she was on holiday, and not replying to emails.

I agree with the rest of your post, though.

maisie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maisie73 Posted 5 Jul 2014 , 10:10pm
post #32 of 36

AOops you're right mcaulir, I stand corrected and apologise to the OP. I have to say I'm confused now though. I need to go and read it again!

maisie73 Posted 5 Jul 2014 , 10:36pm
post #33 of 36

AI think I've got it. Earlier in the thread OP said she was available to make the cake (albeit a day early) but later (the bit I mis quoted) she said she wasn't available during her holiday. I've got it a bit mixed up but it doesn't change my opinion. And the more I read it, the more I think the potential customers email was more restrained and eloquent than mine would've been. Out of interest Nic Fury, what do you want to tell her off a bit about?

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 3:09am
post #34 of 36

I think the OP might be gone, since she hasn't responded at all, I don't think.

maisie73 Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 8:44am
post #35 of 36

AShe responded to the first few posts mcaulir. You know, the ones that agreed with her! ;-)

kuuushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuuushi Posted 6 Jul 2014 , 9:48am
post #36 of 36

AI am completely with Maisie on this.

You claim to be a professional, when in this case the customer was more professional than you. She wasn't looking for a free cake she was disappointed by the fact that you let her down by serious lack of communication.

Even if you were on vacation, I know of no other business owner who does not check emails. Irregardless of having out of office on or not. If you can see your customer is a worrier then you should strive to make sure that said customer needn't worry because your perfectly capable hands would sort it.

I find it hard to believe that customers who are willing to pay prices are continually let down. It should be imperative that your customer comes first not your sodding vacation. As you should know business is 24/7. Not 9-5, especially if it is your own.

I would be ashamed of myself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%