I Brought An Agbay!

Decorating By NetworkZombie Updated 12 Jul 2014 , 5:32pm by DeniseNH

NetworkZombie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NetworkZombie Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 11:00am
post #1 of 21

I finally did it! After all the threads and reviews I have read, I payed the price tag and brought myself an Agbay cake leveler. Everyone swears blind that it's worth it's weight in gold. So I wanted in! After all sounds like a solid investment. However, I only purchased the Junior as I don't do cakes often. Three cakes a week tops. So it's perfect for my requirements. Perfection is the key! So my question is, what are your experiences with the Agbay? Is it easy to adjust? (Click into place?) 

20 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 11:58am
post #2 of 21

Wonder gadget.  Really easy to adjust. Sooooooo much fun to play with.  I have mentioned before that I am probably more than a bit weird and have even cut up cupcakes just for the thrill of using it.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 2:16pm
post #3 of 21

I love mine, have the double but have not used it as a double yet.  I love that you can cut your layers so straight that when you stack them I rarely have to try and straighten them to make level.  In fact I did a 3 layer baby shower cake this weekend and the only reason I had to do anything with it was due to the fact I had a big bag of sugar hit part of it.  Grrrr! You are going to love it!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 21

ASoooo jealous! I keep saying I'm gonna get one, but still procrastinating. Gotta do it!

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 21

I finally ordered myself one last week too!  Happy Birthday to me, lol.  I cant wait until we can start playing with them!

NetworkZombie Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennicake 

I finally ordered myself one last week too!  Happy Birthday to me, lol.  I cant wait until we can start playing with them!

Very exciting! By the sound of things, its going to be a real time saver. Hoping it's a solid investment. 

FrostedMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostedMoon Posted 1 Jul 2014 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 21

AI don't own one, but I got to borrow one from a friend for about a week. It was the single blade, so not sure if that is different from the junior one you ordered. The one I had could be loosened and adjusted easily,but it always took a while for me to make sure that each side was exactly on the same measurement. It also took me a while to make sure I was cutting the layer exactly in the middle. Perhaps these are things that come more easily with time, but there was definitely a learning curve for me.

jennicake Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:29pm
post #8 of 21

Mine arrived today!!  So exciting, I assembled it right away and then realized I have nothing to test it on.  I have bread and I'm actually tempted to slice it just for fun... even though it's presliced bread.  I have issues lol.

Guess I need to bake something tonight!

morganchampagne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morganchampagne Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 21

AI bought mine while ago and really love it. But I have to emphasize the sharpness of that blade. My finger BARELY grazed it and it sliced it. Be very careful lol.

jennicake Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 9:36pm
post #10 of 21

I believe you!  I tested the blade with my fingernail and WOW is that ever sharp.  I see why its so effective.

I plan to do a happy dance and destroy the heck out of my wilton wire leveller this evening :D

NetworkZombie Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 11:25pm
post #11 of 21

AHaha! Mine is either coming today or tomorrow! Excitement over lode !!

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 8 Jul 2014 , 11:41pm
post #12 of 21

I'm jealous!!! You lucky dogs. One day I am going to buy me one of those and hopefully soon.

Happy baking to you all!!!

NetworkZombie Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 5:03am
post #13 of 21
Shazza65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazza65 Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 6:14am
post #14 of 21

Yay for You!!! Get baking....  I am totally in love with my Agbay.  I only bought the Junior as I cake for fun and at beginner level only. Luckily it arrived after I'd been baking half a dozen cakes. I torted those suckers to death!  Even my hubby had a go.  It's just over too soon though.   I know you can't tell from this pic, but it all came together for me  after using the Agbay. One less thing to stress about.  First time using MFF, the Agbay and the Kitchen Aid. Well worth the money in my book.

NetworkZombie Posted 9 Jul 2014 , 6:17am
post #15 of 21

AAssembled it now. Think it may be a little difficult getting the sides to match? Love it though! Very nice weight and craftsmanship

jennicake Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 3:41am
post #16 of 21

Yay!  Agbay party!  Have you used it yet?  I sadly have not.  Tomorrow!  Cake cooling on the counter right now in anticipation :D

@Shazza65 that cake is beautiful!

Shazza65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shazza65 Posted 10 Jul 2014 , 9:58am
post #17 of 21

AAww:) thanks jennicake. Having a level cake really gave me a boost. I can tell Aggy and I are going to be best friends even if she is deadly.

jennicake Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:00am
post #18 of 21

Ok... used it, love it, did a happy dance...

and the sliced off the edge of my fingernail while wiping down the blades.  Wowza haha.  

NetworkZombie Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 4:34am
post #19 of 21

AI used it on the day it arrived! Already had cakes baked off, so just in time really. After reading all the threads on how sharp it was, I took extra care when assembling and using it. Didn't cut myself! A truley amazing product. Perfection is the aim of the game! Can't believe I waited so long to get an Agbay!! :)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 12:35pm
post #20 of 21

AThats what I said for too long! Why do I need this? I have a knife. Im a trained pastry chef. Why do I need a gadget to slice a cake? Well, I finally purchased the Agbay and my caking changed. Stress level went right down, as I KNEW the cake would be level. Then I switched to SPS and needed my layers at precisely 7/8". No problem with the Agbay! As I always say, once you own an Agbay, you'll wonder how you caked without it! Im quite the Agbay cheerleader.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 12 Jul 2014 , 5:32pm
post #21 of 21

Not difficult at all.  Was in love with it from the first second.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%